Problems with Afterburner and my new 460 HAWK

xrome

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
Hello all!

Hey all.

I just recently bought and received an MSI GTX 460 HAWK edition.

I am trying to use Afterburner to change the voltages to increase my overclock. However, it is not working. When i click "Apply" to set the voltages I have entered, it just reverts back to the original voltages (+10, +20, +30).

Seems very odd because the max for GPU voltage increase is +100, but it is higher in all the reviews for this card. Why is my Afterburner not functioning properly? I have uninstalled and reinstalled already.

I used the drivers from the MSI website for this card, 259.22, and this is what I saw with afterburner. So, I have also installed the 258.96 drivers from nvidia's site which is what are being used in all the videos and reviews, but i get the same problem with those drivers.

It's getting really frustrating. Why am I having a problem that I don't see anyone else having...

It doesn't matter what increments I increase or decrease the voltage at, nor does it matter if I try to save it to a profile. It ALWAYS immediately reverts back to defaults (+10, +20, +30) like this...

Ab2.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

Hey, I have the very same card and I have the same issue, but I have figured out how to get it working, 1st you rise tu V core bar until highest, Apply, wont do it, just close MSI and restart it, do the same, it will work this time.

Altough it should work on first try, I hope MSI is working on an upgraded version to get it working properly.

Hope it helps, cheers