Sign in with
Your question

BIOS problems

Last response: in Motherboards
August 8, 2009 8:25:27 PM

Hi All,

I flashed my BIOS of my ASUS P5KC but which deleted the BIOS and then failed to load new BIOS. Now my pc starts for 1 second then shuts downs then starts then stops etc etc. I have cleared the CMOS by removing the battery and changing the jumpers but this has not cleared the problem. I have eithen changed the battery.

Any ideas i can not do i thing?

Many Thanks

Comefollowme

More about : bios problems

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 229 V Motherboard
August 8, 2009 10:41:05 PM

How did you flash the BIOS?
August 8, 2009 10:48:52 PM

usually it backs up the bios so tihngs like that don't happen
Related resources
August 9, 2009 7:50:34 AM

I flashed it by using the ASUS update utility
a b V Motherboard
August 9, 2009 8:31:38 AM

comefollowme said:
Hi All,

I flashed my BIOS of my ASUS P5KC but which deleted the BIOS and then failed to load new BIOS. Now my pc starts for 1 second then shuts downs then starts then stops etc etc. I have cleared the CMOS by removing the battery and changing the jumpers but this has not cleared the problem. I have eithen changed the battery.

Any ideas i can not do i thing?

Many Thanks

Comefollowme

Flash the BIOS again from withih the BIOS page.
August 9, 2009 8:59:23 AM

Thanks HundrerIslanc,

But unfortunately my pc turns on for 1 second then turns off and keeps repeting this so i can not get into the BIOS page.

Comefollowme
a b V Motherboard
August 9, 2009 10:02:15 AM

When you changed the CMOS jumpers, you did mean that you put the jumper to position 2 and 3 for about 5 seconds and afterwards you put it back to the normal position?
August 9, 2009 10:26:03 AM

Yes.

I have even removed the battery and left pc on kitchen table overnight (10hrs) and then replaced it in the morning and still pc starts and stops.

Regards

Comefollowme
a b V Motherboard
August 9, 2009 6:17:45 PM

Try breadboarding. It could be a short if your PC turns on just enough for the fans and LEDs to "twitch" then shuts off.
a b V Motherboard
August 9, 2009 6:18:37 PM

Read your motherboard manual, doesn't it have the crash free BIOS feature?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 229 V Motherboard
August 9, 2009 7:29:17 PM

comefollowme said:
Yes.

I have even removed the battery and left pc on kitchen table overnight (10hrs) and then replaced it in the morning and still pc starts and stops.

Regards

Comefollowme
Since you used the Asus utility to flash the BIOS (it's much safer to do it from the BIOS itself), then RMA the motherboard. If it won't boot and flash the BIOS from the support CD that was provided with the motherboard or from a floppy, then you have no other option.
August 14, 2009 8:43:20 PM

Hi,

I brought a new BIOS chip which sorted the problem out but no internet now (whole new thread started)

Many Thanks

Comefollowme
!