these 2 cards
8800gt xpert vision 512mb with
8800gt bfg 512mb

also, what does it mean SAME GPU? it is the gpu 8800gt or something else

Yes they will work.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/245454-33-crossfire-faqs

Do the cards have to be same model?
I answer it with an example:
You have a NVIDIA Geforce 7800GTX 256, and you want to add another card , the second card has to be 7800GTX exactly.

But what about the memory? Can you add a 7800GTX 512 and use that with 7800GTX 256?
It's recommended to use a 7800GTX 256 with a 7800GTX 256 and 7800GTX 512 with 7800GTX 512.
However you can use a 7800GTX 256 with 7800GTX 512 , BUT the 7800GTX 512 will lower its RAM to 256MB to operate with the other card, so it wont have its true power. (This option isn't recommended. )

What about brands ?
Well the brand doesnt matter , again for example , you can use a XFX card with a EVGA card , or a SAPPHIRE card with a DIAMOND card , just make sure they have the same memory and same clocks.

What will happend if 2 cards have the same amount of memory but one has higher clocks than the other?
One of the best ways to learn is to make examples.
You have a 8800GT(Normal edition,no OverClocks) and you want to add another 8800GT(Which is OverClocked),then:

1_The OverClocked one will lower its clocks to reach the Non-OverClocked card.

2_You can OverClock your card(The one that has Stock frequencies) and reach the OverClocked card.
Remember, you cant ALWAYS OverClock the normal card to reach the other card,because it may not OverClock that much and may become unstable.

WARNING:There are many exceptions in Computer Hardware, for example "Mousemonkey" a member of this forum has told me that when he puts his ASUS 7900GT card (Which is at stock speeds) with a XFX 7900GT(A OverClocked card) the ASUS one raise its clock to reach the XFX one which is an exception and as i said exceptions are alot in Computer Hardware.

Lolz nicely put :p ...
Enough info I guess...Should have solve ur doubts...

cheaptofix

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
seems you all are okay with it, I bought a brand new xfx overclocked 8800GT same gpu i guess so this should work
I don't mind the overclocked one to go down or the other one to go up as long as they both work.

I did find the same graphic on ebay, "8800GT by xpert view" but the guy is on auction and doesn't wana give me a buy now price
but i dont want to buy it because its used, I'd rather buy new and support the company so they can use our money to improve stuff.

I did win an auction for a 9800GTx2 card but after several reviews people think its ***, its just 2 x 9800 gx cards in one nothing new
or major. I won it for £170 "brand new price £300" but the ebay seller told me he'll only send it via recorded delivery and not special
so I smelled a con there and refused to pay for it.

I think 2 x 8800gt will beat anything else for now until mid 1010 where they would bring a good single card with
triple gpus or even quad.

I'll post if xfx worked with xpert vision

cheaptofix

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
got the card.

at first it didn't work with xp 64bit, it installs and everything but once you hit enable sli nothing happens
it goes back to disable it. but booted with vista and it worked!

for Flight Simulator X its just a waste of time, it actualy works faster using 1 card than using SLI. yes "in 2009" still
fsx doesn't support SLI even with sp2 and direct x 10. shame.

and I've done everything to make it stable, even a complete format it works fine using SLI for medium settings
but when you do Ultra High you get 10minutes of play then goes busted.

however Crysis is wonderful with SLi, COD4 and 5 aswell but they're same with 1 card. not much diffrence.
SO for those who want to SLI, take my advice DONT, I gone and bought the gx2 9800 and its just another world
way better than SLI

now I have 2 8800 to sell on ebay lol but at least I experienced it.

and one last thing, I think all graphic cards shud get this thing calld "duorb" its a must. costs £20 but
worth the money in everyway.