Issues with windows 7 and hybrid MBR GUID

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I just Bought a 2TB samsung F4 hard drive to add to my storage on my GA-EP45T-UD3P rev 1.1, i set it up with windows 7 as a GUID given if i decide to add another for larger space for later use. i Have been using the 6 sata 2 on the gigabyte to handle all my storage and boot drive which there are 2 other on intel raid controler. the other drives are using MBR for 500GB and 2x 1TB none raid, having issues with formating the 2TB using windows 7 pretty much stalling out after a 8+hours of formating at just 10 percent or so i cancel and use a freeware program the formated the drive and checked for bad sectors which when great seemingly short about a 30mins. after the format i tried opening my freshly formated drive windows stalled out trying to index the empty drive im guessing and was unable to open the partion. i restart and the problem prosiest i could not open the empty drive windows explorer hung for a uncountable amount of time... i switched operating systems to Ubuntu 9.10 and the drive pops up and works managing to transfer data to it with no issues. anyone have any ideas?