Sign in with
Your question

Possible Virus???

Last response: in Windows XP
August 3, 2011 10:01:24 AM

Hello,
I am hoping someone on here can help me with this, I use Microsoft XP home, SP3 and I seem to have picked up a virus from somewhere, the symptoms are

1. Random restarts (anyware from 2sec - 20min after start up),

2. Freezing,

3. an attepmt to download a file,

4. a blue screen that say's there was a serious error found on restart,

5. MSE anti virus keeps turning off.

I have tried to run a scan in safe-mode but it still restarts it's self, although i'm not sure restart is the right word, its more like it just cuts out.

MSE also has not picked up any threats nor has MRT.EXE although I haven't been able to complete a full scan

More about : virus

August 3, 2011 12:26:47 PM

Thanks for the link, exactly what I was looking for. I'll try it tonight and see what happens
Related resources
August 5, 2011 11:22:26 AM

Didn't work unfortunately, I picked up 15 infections with malware bytes, mostly adware, and -trojan: vundo- then all of my antivirus definitions got deleted and my malwarebytes trial suddenly expired about 2hrs after downloading it. now i'm lucky if the laptop will even turn on.

I think I may have to reformat, What does everyone think?
August 6, 2011 12:58:05 AM

I found that one earlier today, i didn't make any difference but I did find another 5 adaware's using different antivirus's, The laptop is acting normaly now but it is still cutting out. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but it seems to crash when there is a hardware change, eg, opening the disk drive, removing a usb devise etc
August 6, 2011 4:06:04 PM

bleeping computer worked for vista restore "scareware"
August 11, 2011 11:09:17 PM

I think the virus is gone now but is it possible that the virus has changed some settings. I realised that the computer was cutting out when I moved it, not When I used external hardware

Does any one know if my laptop has an accelerometre, it's a fujitsu siemens amilo pro, v3515, and I so how do you access the accelerometre sensitivity settings
!