Powerful Fan Suggestion

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Fan
  • Overclocking
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
September 27, 2010 5:49:01 PM

I'm looking for some fans, either 80mm or 120mm that move A LOT of air. I don't care if they are loud as heck, i need them to move quite a bit of air. This is for a robot competition and I'm just working on some ideas at the minute. If you have had any experience with fans on steroids please let me know!

More about : powerful fan suggestion

a c 205 K Overclocking
September 27, 2010 6:41:57 PM

give us a bit more info as to what the application will be, maybe we could help with the design a bit as well :) 
Moto
m
l
September 27, 2010 11:52:43 PM

I want to use a series of them, around 9, in a box formation where I can attach a shroud to it and use it as a vaccum that will be able to suck up a 4 inch nerf ball into a hose, I wanted to use case fans because of the low wattage and I think that 9 of them might draw enough air to act as a decent vacuum.
m
l
Related resources
September 28, 2010 4:34:24 AM

magruder13 said:
I'm looking for some fans, either 80mm or 120mm that move A LOT of air. I don't care if they are loud as heck, i need them to move quite a bit of air. This is for a robot competition and I'm just working on some ideas at the minute. If you have had any experience with fans on steroids please let me know!

Try the Vantec 80mm/120mm.
m
l
a c 481 K Overclocking
September 29, 2010 6:24:14 PM

Consider using an industrial blower/squirrel cage fan........?
m
l
October 8, 2010 3:22:53 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Consider using an industrial blower/squirrel cage fan........?

It needs to be low power Consumption
m
l