System will not recognize XFX 9800gt?? HELP!!

boinger88

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
Hello;

I just buikd my first computer i bought a bareboines kit from TD with a mobo HDD And CPU w/case.
And its was great up until i tryed to install a new graphics card (XFX 9800 GT) . The motherboard i have is a PNY 630i With a GeForce 7150 Video Chipset. I can plug in my Graphics card in to the PCIe slot just fine and i can even hook up my monitor to the card and get a picture. But when i try to install the drivers on the disk it tells me that there is no compatible hardware. i even went to XFX websit and downloaded the newest driver version and it still says no compatible hardware. and under the Device manager it does not detect it. But under the system devices there is a little (!) in yellow under the PCI Express Standard Root Port.

The Microsoft error is as follows: ''Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35) Cause The Multiprocessor System (MPS) table, which stores the resource assignments for the BIOS, is missing an entry for your device and must be updated. Contact the system vendor to update the BIOS.'' I've spent weeks with PNY's motherboard support, which is lousy at best and they can provide no resolution and won't even admit it's their problem.

Ive tried everything i can think of.

IM running Vista Ultimate x32 bit
4gb Ram
550W Corsair PSU

So if anyone can help it would much appreciated.

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
Down load file below @ Edit
Save the File to the desktop. Now go to your device manager and right click on the PCI Express Standard Root Port. Choose update driver and point to the desktop file. It will update the driver from that file. Reboot and check the PCI Express Standard Root Port.
All Clear? (no yellow mark)
You might have to Go to "Add and Remove Programs" and delete the Nvidia Graphics Driver and run Something like Driver Cleaner Pro http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745 after you have rebooted from deleting the Nvidia Graphic Drivers. Reboot again.
You saved the latest drivers that you got from XFX? Re-install them.

Edit: I led you wrong, sorry.
You want this driver pkg http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista_15.25.html
update like above.

boinger88

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009

Thank you for helping me out i am downloading the Chipset drivers right now. will post if there are any prob....

boinger88

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
Well i installed the drivers that you listed. but when i put the card into my pc and hook it up i boots up fine. i can get into the bios and change the output dispaly to the PCIe slot and save the settings. but when the computer reboots there is no video on the screen. so icant get into windows to install the new drivers for the new graphics card because, i have no video output. but if i remove the card and hook my monitor back up to the mobo and switch the bios setting to PCI i get viedo using the built in grpahic unit. so im really lost i think im just gonna buy i new mobo. Without a onboard GPU... this PNY board has been nothing but Trouble.

if there is anything else you can think of please let me know.
and thanks again for taking the time to help me!!
Neil

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
Is all clear in Device Manager?

Install the Drivers while up and running with the IGP then switch over.

You are hooking the monitor to the GeForce card only. The GF wont play through
the MB..

boinger88

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
yes but when i disable the onboard graphics unit and plug in my XFX Card and hook up my monitor to the card i can reboot my pc and the Bios screen flashes and the Microsoft loading bar comes up for windows but after that i have no pictuere.
and i installed all the Drivers and Everthing. but the thing still wont work right.

???

boinger88

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009

Yes, I have a Corsair 550w PSU.
i just took the card out and i will use the onboard GPU. untill i can get a new motherboard.
im looking at the XFX nForce 750i SLI Extreme Motherboard. form everything else ive read online other some other people have been havin this same prob with the PNY board. so i hope that this will fix my prob. Because i cant even play any games with the Onboard GPU.