Sign in with
Your question

EVGA X58 vs ASUS P6T

Last response: in Motherboards
August 9, 2009 3:45:16 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

which one?
will be running with i7 920, scythe mugen 2, 6 gb OCZ Gold 1600 mhz DDR3, and two Sparkle GTX 275s,
inside an antec 300. any recommendations and reasons so?

More about : evga x58 asus p6t

a b V Motherboard
August 9, 2009 7:40:41 PM

I like the bios of an asus board more than the bios of evga boards. Don't if you're planning to oc, but in that case, an easy-to-use bios can be a real pleasure.
August 10, 2009 1:05:53 AM

Another question; EVGA X58 and X58 LE. The latter provides 16x/8x/4x and the former provides 16x/16x/8x. If I'm going to SLI two GTX 275's would I feel the difference in performance?
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
August 10, 2009 2:48:29 PM

Go with 16x/16x/8x. However, are you sure it isn't 16x/16x/1x?
August 10, 2009 6:49:50 PM

It is 16/16/1 on the asus, and 16/8/4 on the EVGA. Not knowing the greater difference between the two cards, I assume the 16/16 speed must be a lot better when you're doing SLIx2 and not x3?
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 10, 2009 7:01:16 PM

If you plan on doing SLI and really need the dual x16 slots then go with the P6T deluxe v2 and not the regular P6T.......

The Evga TR board is known to cause issues, the only Evga board that can outpace the P6T deluxe v2 is the Classified and it is much more expensive.....

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
a b V Motherboard
August 11, 2009 3:12:22 PM

Yes, I would also prefer the asus p6t deluxe to the evga. It has much
more features (like more onboard usb connectors) and a way way more user friendly bios if you ask me.
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 11, 2009 4:34:26 PM

Nils said:
Yes, I would also prefer the asus p6t deluxe to the evga. It has much
more features (like more onboard usb connectors) and a way way more user friendly bios if you ask me.

Yea but you have to take into consideration that the P6T deluxe v2 has the highest DOA rate out of the top 5 X58 boards out ATM.....Asus has terrible quality control at this time and we do not know when they will get thier act together again.... Asus is not the same brand they used to be....I remember back in the day when Asus was #1 by a land-slide......
a b V Motherboard
August 11, 2009 4:37:59 PM

Really?! I have never heard anything about that. I though they still deliver premium quality.
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 11, 2009 4:45:59 PM

Well they do, but recently I have seen a handfull of loyal Asus costumers complain about the same exact issue's on the v2 that everyone is having and back in the day out of 100 boards you might have seen maybe 1 or 2 go bad, not 15 to 20 like now at days.... It is unacceptable to pay 250.00+ on a mobo and have to deal with constant RMA's .... I know a guy who had to RMA his v2 3 times before he finally got a fully working mobo.... that is just ridiculous.....
August 12, 2009 5:21:07 AM

I can't get the deluxe v2 cause of the price.
I'm actually considering foxconn bloodrage very seriously right now.
any views on that mobo?
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 12, 2009 5:48:42 AM

The bloodrage GTI is a nice mobo......
August 12, 2009 6:12:32 AM

getting the bloodrage, not the bloodrage GTI,
since bloodrage = asus p6t in terms of price.
and GTI is lacking some things too.
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 12, 2009 6:21:10 AM

Dude the price difference vs. the P6T deluxe is just 30 dollars..... If I were you id get the EVGA SLI LE.....

EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX X58 SLI LE Intel Motherboard - Retail

hands down better than the bloodrage........
August 12, 2009 6:46:02 AM

why is that board better than bloodrage?
i'm only going to use 6 gb of memory, and LE is 16x 8x. I'm using two graphic cards.
I don't see why the evga LE version is better than bloodrage..
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 12, 2009 3:52:40 PM

Trust me you will not see a difference in GFX just cause one slot runs @ 16x and the other @ 8x...... You do see a difference in Nvdia/AMD chipsets but not on Intel x58 boards.....The bandwith is stupid fast anyways.....

Why is the EVGA better than the Foxconn? Common sense, EVGA is the best of the BEST.... Foxconn is not considered High-End......It is what it is.... The Foxconn is not a bad board, well at least the GTI is not but you cannot compare apples to oranges..... The LE is in a class of its own......
August 16, 2009 10:51:28 AM

OvrClkr said:
If you plan on doing SLI and really need the dual x16 slots then go with the P6T deluxe v2 and not the regular P6T.......

Actually is just the same. The regular P6T also has two x16 PCI-E lanes so there are no problems. One should get the deluxe v2 only if he needs the more controllers it has or for 3 way SLI. For a normal gamers' use the P6T is very good. Fantastic OC, big space, good layout and good price. The BIOS is very good too. So, again, if you don't need the extra flavors the deluxe offers the P6T is the way to go. Only drawback of the card is that the two PCI-E cards in the x16 lanes are close so if you don't have enough airflow in the case overclocking the GPUs in SLI will be very difficult.
August 16, 2009 10:59:17 AM

da_park91 said:

which one?
will be running with i7 920, scythe mugen 2, 6 gb OCZ Gold 1600 mhz DDR3, and two Sparkle GTX 275s,
inside an antec 300. any recommendations and reasons so?

I will get the regular P6T (not SE) over the EVGA X58. The price is similar and the Asus has better BIOS, easier OC and more performance. Maybe the EVGA reach major OCs with a bit of work but the P6T is more performant at the same OCs. Both are good choices but I will go with the P6T for the easier overclockability, better BIOS, better performance and 2 x16 PCI-E lanes since you use SLI. As I've said to the other poster if you will not need 3-SLI in the future or the extra flavors the P6T deluxe has, then the regural P6T is a better choice either of the deluxe v2.
September 22, 2009 5:23:17 AM

Don't let these guys confuse you. Since you'e only planning to run two video cards, on the Asus side you should go to the Rampage II Gene. The components on the ROG boards are higher quality, not that it'll give you more clocks, but the board tends to be more stable and consistant.

Since you're running SLI my choice would be the EVGA boards. Even though the days of being brand limited are over, EVGA has a much greater support requiem for SLI setups, and frankly they are better at running them too. Where Asus boards are SLI capable, EVGA boards are SLI optimized, EVGA is fiercly backed by Nvidia, and very tightly linked with their production standards and implementation. Granted the Asus bios is thaught by many to be more streamlined, all their products that support SLI are notoriously finicky. If you don't mind putting in the extra 5-10 min. to thoroughly overclock your system, go with the EVGA board.

By the way, spend the xtra couple dollars on buying EVGA 275s too (what's $15 when you're spending $1200-1400?). By keeping your system al of one Mfg. you save yourself a load of headaches in the process, especially if you have warranty/driver issues. Don't forget your driver upgrades too, EVGA revises their drivers much more often, and can optimize their drivers to run more efficiently within their own product line. One of the most common issues with performance beyond the hardware itself is driver issues, and conflicting drivers from multiple Mfg.

Rmember clocks aren't everything, effiicient latencies are important too. That's why a lot of people say the Asus boards perform better with the same clock. I will admit, in most crossfire rigs, the Asus gets the tip of the hat for more FPS per clock than an EVGA, but when you combine an EVGA board with EVGA cards you get comparable performance (and in many cases superior). The biggest thing I tell people when I go through this with customers is that I could care less if I get the same performance (within two or three fps +/- ), the reliability, driver, warranty, and support are all worth it when using the same MFG.
!