Sign in with
Your question

Starcraft LAN problem...

Last response: in Networking
July 6, 2009 10:59:42 PM

Hello there :??: . I am attempting to hook up my Windows XP Laptop & Windows Vista Desktop so they will both be able to play a game of Starcraft 1vs1 over the LAN service it provides. I do not know very much of the fancy "IPX" or "TCP/IP" or any of that stuff... :na:  and apparently hooking an Ethernet cable into each computer is not enough. When I connect both CPUs with the cable, and have one of them host a game, it does not appear on the other CPU. I do not know why.
Any suggestions are welcome, and thanks for your time. :whistle: 

*Note* The Windows Vista will not connect to the internet for some reason... I'm hoping I don't have to download the updates on Battle.net for the Vista. If that is the reason why, then please don't hesitate to tell me. :)  Thanks.

More about : starcraft lan problem

July 6, 2009 11:09:23 PM

Olimarandlouie said:
Hello there :??: . I am attempting to hook up my Windows XP Laptop & Windows Vista Desktop so they will both be able to play a game of Starcraft 1vs1 over the LAN service it provides. I do not know very much of the fancy "IPX" or "TCP/IP" or any of that stuff... :na:  and apparently hooking an Ethernet cable into each computer is not enough. When I connect both CPUs with the cable, and have one of them host a game, it does not appear on the other CPU. I do not know why.
Any suggestions are welcome, and thanks for your time. :whistle: 

*Note* The Windows Vista will not connect to the internet for some reason... I'm hoping I don't have to download the updates on Battle.net for the Vista. If that is the reason why, then please don't hesitate to tell me. :)  Thanks.

*If this is the wrong thread, I am very sorry, and please tell me which one is the right thread for this topic.*
August 23, 2009 11:22:04 PM

I think the right thread would be "Games". But anyhow, I had similar problem with starcraft in the past. Starcraft version on the CD that I had was I beleive v1.0 which did not include gaming over TCP/IP. Resolved by installing the latest patch. New TCP/IP option appeared on the menu out of thin air. Also, make sure your PC's are communicating with each other properly before you even launch Starcraft.
!