XP and 7 dies after 2-3 monthes

Serhiy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Hello,
I bought computer 4 years. AMD ATHLON 2.4 GHZ. VIDEO INTEGRATED. 768 RAM. Motherboard - ASUS M2V-MX-SE. HDD - Samsung SATA2 200 GB

After first year stable work I needed to reinstall Windows XP. As I discovered my HDD is on SATA bus I used NLite to pack Sata-drivers into XP-CD(Service pack2). After that I cant achieve stable work of my system. It crashes each second-third month after reinstalling. The main error Corrupted file in .../system32/config/system. I installed parralel OS - XP too and made reserve copy of this file. And each time I get this black screen with error I copy registry file(system) to proper folder and Win-XP revives. But its not the end. After short time it damages any file of system and show no error just black screen. This happens constantly.
What I did:
Check with antivirus DrWeb, Avira. Changed BIOS settings to disable floppy. Changed SATA bus header on motherboard. I tried to use Win7 but it had the similar problem, system crashed.
Could it be NLite fault? or
Something with hardware?
Any ideas.

Yes, run a full scan on the drive. It's easier to replace a drive that may be on the way out that try to restore you data from a dead drive.

TRENDING THREADS