Sign in with
Your question

XP and 7 dies after 2-3 monthes

Last response: in Windows XP
August 3, 2011 5:24:27 PM

Hello,
I bought computer 4 years. AMD ATHLON 2.4 GHZ. VIDEO INTEGRATED. 768 RAM. Motherboard - ASUS M2V-MX-SE. HDD - Samsung SATA2 200 GB

After first year stable work I needed to reinstall Windows XP. As I discovered my HDD is on SATA bus I used NLite to pack Sata-drivers into XP-CD(Service pack2). After that I cant achieve stable work of my system. It crashes each second-third month after reinstalling. The main error Corrupted file in .../system32/config/system. I installed parralel OS - XP too and made reserve copy of this file. And each time I get this black screen with error I copy registry file(system) to proper folder and Win-XP revives. But its not the end. After short time it damages any file of system and show no error just black screen. This happens constantly.
What I did:
Check with antivirus DrWeb, Avira. Changed BIOS settings to disable floppy. Changed SATA bus header on motherboard. I tried to use Win7 but it had the similar problem, system crashed.
Could it be NLite fault? or
Something with hardware?
Any ideas.

More about : dies monthes

August 3, 2011 5:36:42 PM

Download and run memtest86. Bad memory can corrupt files. Also, if your motherboard uses an NForce chipset, just use the standard windows IDE drivers. The Nvidia IDE drivers tend to corrupt data.
August 3, 2011 7:14:19 PM

Did you try a new hard-drive?
Related resources
August 4, 2011 3:22:44 PM

No I didnt try a new one. I hope it could be possible to find my problem. Do you mean I shoul test my HDD?
August 8, 2011 2:28:09 PM

Serhiy said:
No I didnt try a new one. I hope it could be possible to find my problem. Do you mean I shoul test my HDD?

Yes, run a full scan on the drive. It's easier to replace a drive that may be on the way out that try to restore you data from a dead drive.
!