Caduca

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
I have a emcp73vt-pm mobo, E5300 processor. My question is can I use ClockGen, or Systools to overclock, as there is no OC options in the bios.

I've read of people getting up to 3.0 ghz by tweaking FSB alone. This is what I would like to try

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
I would not recommend using software...
since you don't have ram speed control raising the fsb is risky (in your case)
because you can kill your ram...If you want to overclock that cpu buy and new mobo
If you really insist on overclocking and not buying anything then I can try unlocking
the overclocking settings on your motherboard...the thing is manufactreres like hp, dell, emachines, acer...they all lock the advenced features like fsb or ram speed on purpose so people don't mess with them and then blame the manufacturer for a bad design...
I have software that can unlock the hidden or locked settings in these kinds of bioses...so if you can save your bios and send it to me I can try unlocking the settings and sending you the new bios back...PM me if you're interested...

Wallbound

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011

I planing to getting the E8600 core2 duo for my ET1831-01 pc. If you can tell me how to save the bios so I could get you to unlock it for me that would be great. As I don't want to buy the cpu and not be able to set it up. As I'm not sure if I'll need to change the volt settings to make it work.
Please e-mail me back at Wallbound70@yahoo.com.

Thank you for your time.
David Welborn