sudhirraom

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Trying to fix my system. Motherboard GIGABYTE P45-3UDL Intel Core 2 duo E8200 - XFX G9400 GT.
Attached CPU , Graphic card and Ram. no POST. Motherboard turns on. I see two green light , one orange and one red ligts near CPU. Chasis fan and other lights turns on. But CPU FAN does not spin and Nothing comes up on the screen. Had a POST test done at Microcenter. Passed the test. But when i try at home does not work. Only thing i can try is change RAm Any sugestions? thanks

bilbat

Splendid
Take MOBO out of case.
Check that all four pins holding fan/heatsink are properly seated and locked - look at back of board.
Check that fan/heatsink connector is properly inserted into CPU_FAN connector on board.
Lay motherboard on top of box it arrived in. Do not use bag it was in.
Turn off power supply switch.
Plug in:
-Graphics card + monitor
-One stick of RAM in slot closest to CPU
-All power connectors 20+4 or 24 main, 2x2 ATX 12V, any 2x3 or 2x4s needed by graphics card
-Case power switch if it will reach
-Place jumper on CLR_CMOS pins here:
0049k.jpg

-Remove jumper from CLR_CMOS pins.
-Turn on power supply switch.
-Depress case power switch OR briefly touch jumper or tool tip (screwdriver) to Power Switch pins of front panel connector
power1j.jpg

power2.jpg

-System should power up...
If you see this screen:
0039.jpg

depress <TAB> key
When you see this screen:
0040h.jpg

depress <DEL> key to enter BIOS
Select 'Load Optimized Defaults':
0015h.jpg

Save and reboot - then power off.
Check case carefully - each brass standoff (board supports) must be located only where there is a mounting hole in the board - extra one will short out board.
Replace other components.
Fixed?
Post again if problems or questions

sudhirraom

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Thanks Bilbat and Mikey5802. I'll let you guys know after i try again. I will have to buy a small speaker which i can attach to motherboard to listen to beeps. My computer case does not have a speaker so i dont hear any beeps. Thanks again

sudhirraom

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Thanks everyone who replied to my post. I found the problem. I had not connected the 4 pin cpu power supply. I went through the motherboard manual to double check and i found this. Actually i thought that out of 24 pins in the ATX power supply 4 pins are for CPU. but i was wrong. CPU has a seperate power supply.
Now everything works. Even i used my old hard drive to which has Windows XP to boot the system. It only asked me to Reactivate the XP. i did. i did not have to reinstall my XP. Installed few motherboard drivers.

Thanks again.