fireproof

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
I am wanting to get a new cpu system to run AutoCad, 3DS MAX, corel painter and CS4, with the possibility of doing some animation in the next year. Due to the upgrade in system, I want it to be of substantail quality producing high end 3d renders, however dont want it to break the bank. I dont know a great deal about computer hardware, however I want the system to be of a decent quality, to last the next few years. Could you suggest a system including graphics card, processor, memory etc that would be suitable?

Lavarin

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
This should be in the new build section of this forum. In any case, even if you do animation (like Maya) it will still be more about your CPU, rather than your graphics card. Dedicated graphics will still help, in terms of handling the interface and making sure it's responsive (especially on Vista).

Suggest you get a Core i7 920 and 3GB of RAM. Regarding your graphics card, what's your planned/current display? No sense in getting graphics that will be limited by your monitor.

fireproof

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Thanks Lavarin for the info. I will be using an Acer x233H. I have just had a quick look at the Core i7 920, are the Core i7 965 and Core i7 940 of better performance for long term use. I want a system that is strong enough to do the 3d without having to upgrade in the next two - three years.