HP DV9608nr DVD/CD not Detected please read.

kyaj323

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
So i have a HP DV9608NR notebook was running windows vista. I did a clean install to windows 7 using the optical drive. All of a sudden BIOS nor windows does not detect the optical drive. I tried a different drive still no good. There was a bridge between the mobo and optical took the bridge out connected it the optical directly to the mobo....still no optical detected. I did a BIOS update still no go. I am a tech guy...ive been researching for the past week i cant find a solution. anyone have any idea what may caused the problem....i am trying to us a flash drive to put windows vista back.

P.S. The drive gets power

Thanks for your support.
-Chris

kyaj323

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
Hello Chrax,

No i have not been able to fix it. I even changed the little adapter that goes between the optical drive and motherboard. still no go. I came to a conclusion that it is the motherboard(possibly bios). I did not changed the mobo because i dont think its worth it.

Thanks
Chris

crate53

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
hey guys I have the same problem. Did the same thing you did with the same results. got it to work 1 time for about 5 min by repairing windows at start f11..... If you figure it out before I go crazy, let me know.