Sign in with
Your question

How can I make sure my CD/DVD drive is Ok so I can boot from the CD first?

Last response: in Windows XP
August 4, 2011 1:12:14 AM

Hello,
PLEASE HELP! I have been trying for three days to get my computer to boot from CD/DVD drive. I have changed the boot sequence in Bios to CD-ROm as #1 and left others as they are. This does not work. I have A Dell Dimension E310 running Windows XP. I have read at least 20 articles and still no results. I am trying to do a work at home job and do a computer assessment using Workbooth. Is there ANYONE out there who can help me. Incidentally, it worked on my husband's HP laptop once I got connected to my modem. I'm connected to the modem now too. HELP! HELP! HELP!

More about : make dvd drive boot

August 4, 2011 5:29:04 PM

cdj said:
Hello,
PLEASE HELP! I have been trying for three days to get my computer to boot from CD/DVD drive. I have changed the boot sequence in Bios to CD-ROm as #1 and left others as they are. This does not work. I have A Dell Dimension E310 running Windows XP. I have read at least 20 articles and still no results. I am trying to do a work at home job and do a computer assessment using Workbooth. Is there ANYONE out there who can help me. Incidentally, it worked on my husband's HP laptop once I got connected to my modem. I'm connected to the modem now too. HELP! HELP! HELP!

Are you sure the CD is bootable ? Put in a windows CD and see if it boots.
!