Low 4870 Crossfire Performance

misanthrope

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Not sure why i never inquired about this problem earlier when it first occurred 6months ago, i suppose i figured it would just go away, and well, it hasn't. CCC detects only one card, and device manager see's two. I have tried both cards separately to see if one was dead but that is not the case. When both are hooked up however only the first one seems to be getting hot while the other one just gets warm from being close to the other one. I have tried other OS's to see if it was vista killing them, however in xp, ubuntu, and vista its all the same deal. But in a windows 7 beta it detects both, and my games run a lot more stable. I can not stick with windows 7 as plenty of my drivers and programs are not compatible with W7. Any suggestions as too get both of my cards working properly?

Perhaps your cards are not getting enough juice. Be sure that the extra PCI-E connectors are properly inserted into your Radeon 4870s and that they are properly seated in their respective PCI-E slots. Also make sure you put in the crossfire ribbon properly.