Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Guys pls help...intel core 2 quad Q8200

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Quad
  • Processors
  • Intel
  • Core
Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 1, 2009 8:51:14 AM

im planning to buy this processor intel core 2 quad Q8200 because it's cheaper than any other quad...i just want to know if this processor is good or not..guys i need some advice so i can buy it soon..any good advice mobo for this processor? thanks..

More about : guys pls intel core quad q8200

June 1, 2009 9:21:39 AM

Could you tell us the rest of the components? What do you want to do with this pc?
a b à CPUs
June 1, 2009 11:26:31 AM

^ +1

Tho, I'd advice you consider the Phenom 9500. I'm sure they sell for $100.
Related resources
June 2, 2009 3:55:03 AM

i just wanted to change my processor and mobo, i have my AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 + Dual Core Processor 3.1GHZ and ASUS M2N-VM DVI mobo...when i play games, it always slow down my pc and get lag or hang up, the cpu usage became high..it really sucks..i hate amd for now...i dont know what to do with this problem so im planning to change them for now..
June 2, 2009 3:57:29 AM

amdfangirl said:
^ +1

Tho, I'd advice you consider the Phenom 9500. I'm sure they sell for $100.



i dont want to gamble my money anymore for amd..




a c 83 à CPUs
June 2, 2009 5:07:31 AM

jamesky said:
i just wanted to change my processor and mobo, i have my AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 + Dual Core Processor 3.1GHZ and ASUS M2N-VM DVI mobo...when i play games, it always slow down my pc and get lag or hang up, the cpu usage became high..it really sucks..i hate amd for now...i dont know what to do with this problem so im planning to change them for now..


Any dual core whether AMD or Intel will be near 100% cpu usage while playing modern games. Sounds to me like you need a graphics upgrade as the Athlon X2 6000 is still a very capable processor and will run most games without a problem.

AMD does have processors that out perform Intel's Q8200 too, so don't assume all AMD processors suck just cause your using one that is 2 years old.

June 2, 2009 1:19:57 PM

That's why I asked for the rest of the components. We need to know all the components and then we will know what to suggest.
June 2, 2009 5:59:23 PM

loneninja said:
Any dual core whether AMD or Intel will be near 100% cpu usage while playing modern games. Sounds to me like you need a graphics upgrade as the Athlon X2 6000 is still a very capable processor and will run most games without a problem.

AMD does have processors that out perform Intel's Q8200 too, so don't assume all AMD processors suck just cause your using one that is 2 years old.



Even if i upgrade my graphics, still my pc get hang up when i play games..it slows my pc and then get faster after few sec...so for me amd suck..my frend has also amd, thesame problem with me..for me, comparing with P4 is better than my AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 + Dual Core Processor 3.1GHZ..if ur a amd expert, what's wrong with my PC?its either mobo or processor..which is which?which of that two parts should i change to get my pc better..tnx
June 2, 2009 6:02:01 PM


hefox said:
That's why I asked for the rest of the components. We need to know all the components and then we will know what to suggest.


i just want the Q8200 and u can all suggest the other compatible components...thanks




June 2, 2009 10:30:08 PM

jamesky said:
Even if i upgrade my graphics, still my pc get hang up when i play games..it slows my pc and then get faster after few sec...so for me amd suck..my frend has also amd, thesame problem with me..for me, comparing with P4 is better than my AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 + Dual Core Processor 3.1GHZ..if ur a amd expert, what's wrong with my PC?its either mobo or processor..which is which?which of that two parts should i change to get my pc better..tnx


Specificaly, what video card do you have, and what games are you seeing the slowdowns in.

Id be willing to bet your Windows install is just gotten old. NO Pentium4 is faster than the X2 series. Period.
a c 813 à CPUs
a b å Intel
June 2, 2009 11:04:44 PM

How much ram does your current rig have? It sounds like you could be running low on ram while gaming causing your system to go to the hard drive for more memory. Q8200 lacks VT support and the cache is low so performance is not what it could be. Going to a S775 system at this point makes little sense since there are no upgrades coming out for it. Effectively it is a dead socket. Get an AM2+ 790GX based motherboard and a Ph II 720 if you feel like you have to upgrade your CPU. I am unsure if your current board will support even the AM2+ Ph II's. At least with an updated motherboard you will be able to have some future CPU support if you get a decent motherboard that claims AM3 support.
June 3, 2009 3:14:26 AM

B-Unit said:
Specificaly, what video card do you have, and what games are you seeing the slowdowns in.

Id be willing to bet your Windows install is just gotten old. NO Pentium4 is faster than the X2 series. Period.



Inno3D GEForce 9800GT 1GB, 256bit,DDR3,HDTV,DualDVI, almost all games im seeing lag like warcraft, cs source, rohan, ragnarok etc..it will slow 30sec and then getting back 2 normal again...it keep on repeating the same way every minutes..u cant stop the lag so thats y p4 is faster than x2 for me interms of playing games..what should i do?
June 3, 2009 3:24:35 AM

logainofhades said:
How much ram does your current rig have? It sounds like you could be running low on ram while gaming causing your system to go to the hard drive for more memory. Q8200 lacks VT support and the cache is low so performance is not what it could be. Going to a S775 system at this point makes little sense since there are no upgrades coming out for it. Effectively it is a dead socket. Get an AM2+ 790GX based motherboard and a Ph II 720 if you feel like you have to upgrade your CPU. I am unsure if your current board will support even the AM2+ Ph II's. At least with an updated motherboard you will be able to have some future CPU support if you get a decent motherboard that claims AM3 support.



i have 4gb kingston, 500gb seagate sata..should i buy another mobo to replace my asus m2n-vm dvi? is this guaranteed if i change the mobo it will get my pc ok?no lags or anything...do i have problem on my AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 + Dual Core Processor 3.1GHZ?thanks
June 3, 2009 3:51:56 AM

All the components you have are pretty good, if your games are starting to slow down and are experiencing hick-ups in-game then maybe you should try defraging your HDD see what process's are eating up your resources.

If you really want to just upgrade, go with a Phenom 2 X4 or an X3, most of AMD's new processor's run equally as fast as Intel's Core2Quad Q9xxx series or equivalently priced models
June 3, 2009 4:18:10 AM


evolve60 said:
All the components you have are pretty good, if your games are starting to slow down and are experiencing hick-ups in-game then maybe you should try defraging your HDD see what process's are eating up your resources.

If you really want to just upgrade, go with a Phenom 2 X4 or an X3, most of AMD's new processor's run equally as fast as Intel's Core2Quad Q9xxx series or equivalently priced models



ok thanks but i think the problem is between mobo or processor..yeah? maybe its not compatible..
June 3, 2009 4:21:08 AM

jamesky said:
ok thanks but i think the problem is between mobo or processor..yeah? maybe its not compatible..


with the motherboard you have currently, the newer AMD processor's aren't compatible at all, the older Phenom processors might be backwards compatiable but if memory serves me right, the Phenom series are only backwards compatible with the AM2+ boards not AM2
June 3, 2009 6:37:07 AM

evolve60 said:
with the motherboard you have currently, the newer AMD processor's aren't compatible at all, the older Phenom processors might be backwards compatiable but if memory serves me right, the Phenom series are only backwards compatible with the AM2+ boards not AM2


so for that i should change my motherboard isnt it? what mobo can u suggest? thanks..
a c 813 à CPUs
a b å Intel
June 3, 2009 10:25:55 PM

I am happy with my current board overall. You can often find them on newegg open box for like $75. That is how I got mine. Never even had been used it seemed. All accessories were still sealed up. Even the i/o shield.
June 3, 2009 10:45:47 PM

Before you start buying new hardware, how long have you had your current Windows install? I find it nearly impossible to believe this is a motherboard issue.
a c 813 à CPUs
a b å Intel
June 3, 2009 10:58:43 PM

Not a motherboard issue but he will need a new motherboard if he wants to upgrade his CPU.
June 3, 2009 11:02:48 PM

Right, and he wants to upgrade his CPU because he thinks thats the cause of his issues, and I dont think thats the case.
a c 813 à CPUs
a b å Intel
June 3, 2009 11:10:25 PM

Yea it seems like he has a software issue. Maybe spyware or something of that nature. His system should be doing fine with the games he is playing. He just seems insistent on upgrading his CPU.
June 4, 2009 2:12:36 AM

its not a software issue.. my software works fine..it is a mobo or processor issue..i dont know what to do..
June 4, 2009 2:23:05 AM

it doesn't hurt to try and reinstall your games or run a virus scan to see if you have any sort of virus' or spyware that could be slowing down your computers performance before going and do a upgrade just to have the same problem over again.
a c 813 à CPUs
a b å Intel
June 4, 2009 3:43:44 AM

jamesky said:
its not a software issue.. my software works fine..it is a mobo or processor issue..i dont know what to do..


If your software was working fine then you would not have a problem. Your games are software and they are not working properly even though your hardware is more than capable of handling it. BTW have you tried running msconfig and turning off a bunch of useless programs you do not need running in the background. You do know that if you upgrade your motherboard you will have to reformat right? If the msconfig thing does not work and neither does spyware scan and spyware scan, just try a reformat before you spend any money.
June 4, 2009 3:58:28 AM

i have all tried i can do to fix my computer and yet nothing change...reformat, scan etc..its all in the hardware...they are not compatible though..i dont want to spend my money to buy new mobo, im scared it will come up with the same thing...do u ever guys have encounter this problem? or read some of the threads complaining about this issue...
June 4, 2009 4:08:18 AM

ive never tried a bios update..i read some issues like me before they do the bios update but nothing change..do u think its in the bios?
a c 813 à CPUs
a b å Intel
June 4, 2009 4:13:15 AM

I do not see what else it could be that would cause such slowdowns if you have tried all the software troubleshooting like you say you have. Only one other thing I can think of is check your CPU temps while gaming using CPUID's hardware monitor or even core temp. If it is getting hot it could be throttling and slowing down to cool off. If that is the case check your heatsink. Make sure the fan is working and make sure it is mounted properly and by the off chance the plastic they put on the bottom of the heatsink is still not there. I have seen people do that by accident before.

Edit* your bios revision, after looking at the list again and seeing what version supports your CPU match up.
June 4, 2009 4:23:30 AM

can u please see what version i should download to match up my cpu..coz im not that good..and also please teach me how to update bios...thanks
a c 813 à CPUs
a b å Intel
June 4, 2009 4:25:26 AM

701 is the version that started support for your CPU so you are fine there. Check your temps.
June 4, 2009 4:29:41 AM

my core voltage is 1.120 v..
a c 813 à CPUs
a b å Intel
June 4, 2009 4:30:49 AM

voltage does not mean anything if the cpu is overheating.....
June 4, 2009 4:32:59 AM

my cpu is not overheating.. i dont what to do...
a c 813 à CPUs
a b å Intel
June 4, 2009 4:33:05 AM

What temps are you getting @ load? Check to make sure the fan on the graphics card is working properly also and not clogged up.
June 4, 2009 4:43:16 AM

where i can find the temps? the fan is fine in the video card..
June 5, 2009 4:40:26 AM

cpu temp 85ºc (184 ºF), mainboard temp is 33 ºc (91 ºF)
June 5, 2009 6:00:12 AM

Yea, thats way too hot. You need to reseat your heatsink. What thermal compound are you using?
July 6, 2009 8:30:10 PM

WOW 85 degrees Celsius...those kind of temps can fry your CPU. You have the 89W version of the 6000+ and I have the 125W version of it and I run no more than 45 degrees Celsius under load stock heatsink (the more watts usually the hotter it runs). Anything over 55ish isn't normal, thats you problem you CPU is probably pulling back because of overheating. My friend had exact same problem with his FX-60.
July 6, 2009 11:18:37 PM

new heatsink fan and themal grease maybe but most likely the D@mn fan and heat sink are stopped up with lint.
a b à CPUs
July 7, 2009 5:55:21 AM

yeh, that is a bit scary.
July 7, 2009 6:13:15 AM

Wow.... that's hot.
!