I lost my good deal on newegg

migs008

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
My build:

COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

EVGA 01G-P3-1281-AR GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK

Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920

CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS 300GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

SAMSUNG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model SH-S223Q

COOLER MASTER V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound

Total before: 1750$ + 3 free gifts(mousepad, WoW book, and CoD world at war

Total now: 1890$

Why this happened?

My line of credit still hasn't returned to normal after I cancelled my order to make a few changes(not neweggs fault i guess). So I wasn't able to purchase it on time. It's been a week now :pfff:

Can anyone tell me how often the deals change in newegg?

It's either i'm gonna wait it out to get a new good deals or I might as well wait a few more months since budget just got tightened thanks to me not being able to use my credit line to pay some of my other bills. The bills are all piled up now into one big $$$.

Newegg was kind enough to give me a 20$ discount when I asked them about it but seeing as how it is I might not get to use it.

jjbtexas

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
i've been setting up a new pc on new egg for the past week and prices on products change a lot. i had OCZ ram that went from $119 to $169 and the i7 920 moves around quite often. also gifts come and go but honestly, unless u are 100% sure u want the item gifted go with something else. there are tons of stories about people buying something like a GTX 285 that comes with COD5, who end up getting screwed. u see if the item comes to u DOA, when u return the item u are also charged $50

by the way that seems like a very nice setup u have there

I've returned a few things to newegg as DOA. As long as it's within your RMA time frame, you don't get charged. If you email them, they usually send a prepaid ups shipping label as well, so you don't have to pay to send it back.

They have different specials every week. However, if you have that much of your system picked out and most of it still has a rebate/free shipping/discount of some sort, go ahead and buy those items before they go to regular price. You can always keep your eyes out for the item that went to regular price to go back on sale, or pick out a similar item.

migs008

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I'm really hoping to see some deals this week so I can try to fit it in with my budget. If not well then wait a few more months. T_T

tsd16

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
I hate to point this out especially on a completely unrelated board, but you are talking about spending 17-1800 dollars on a new computer and in the same sentence mention that your paying bills on a credit line you were going to by the PC with and they are piling up because the cost of this pc is on there.

The US economy, is floundering, because of people spending money they don't have, i.e. putting more stuff on credit they cant afford then not ever paying the bank back, this is why the banks don't want to lend money. If you are paying bills with credit thats a problem and you really shouldnt be thinking about throwing down 1800 more dollars on credit.

i don't mean to lecture you, this is coming from someone who has had his fair share of financial blunders, and has an addiction to wanting to be on the cutting edge of technology as well. For stuff like this which is not a necessity, if you can't pay cash for it or pay it off in 1-2 months, I really would advise against it. By how you make it sound, your barely making ends meet as it is, and this shouldn't be a priority. Again, sorry to lecture, but I would like to avoid seeing someone get in some serious financial trouble and save taxpayers a few extra bucks as well.

If I understand the situation,
I believe the OP has the funds. However, made a purchase and then tried to cancel. So those funds are tied up in limbo.

That is a very true comment and there are many that should take that advice, but I don't believe it applies to the OP.

tsd16

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008

I understand, but he did mention bills are piling up that hes paying with his "credit line", which is currently occupied by the ghost cost of his pc parts. Still implies he is paying bills with credit, so not paying off his bills with liquid assets, essentially putting them off to pay later with interest(i.e. even if he didn't buy the pC, he'd still be paying his bills with credit, and if he didn't have the money to pay his bills putting yourself further into debt with an 1800 dollar computer isn't helping). Now I understand the OP may not be from the US or an english speaking country for the matter so his definition of credit line or bills may be different than mine. His reference to credit line may be checking account for all I know I suppose.

taylorjes

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Just a quick comment on Newegg Deals... daily deasl and e-promotions are great... but when you're 'building' anything... unless you're lucky your best bet is to do good research, plan out your build, and then budget accordingly... if you're waiting for a "great buy" you may as well no even start... most "great buys" come at the cost of quality or and older product (thats why its on sale, not because Newegg thinks you're a nice guys)... I just purchased a new build on Newegg ~$700 and I could have save a few bucks here and there by buying something I saw last week as a deal.. and even a product i bought on Saturday went on sale Monday (thanks god for delayed CC approval... i got the new price) What I ended up buying was what my research told me to buy, not whatever the deal of the day was...

if you get lucky than great but if you're going to spend the money spend it, if not adjust you're budget and plan out a differnt build using the MSRP thats the only what you're budget will ever be realistic... thanks my piece and good luck...

**PS I save a WHOPPING $55.50 on my build and I didn't even know that till I was the checkout**

migs008

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009

I'm sorry if i haven't made it clear but I DO have the cash to pay for everything. It's just that with my credit line temporarily gone I am unable to pay for other bills (The card I'm using has cashback which is why I want to use this card). I cannot even pay for this ghost charge to get my credit back up seeing as it does not even display on my account and I wouldn't get any of the stuff I ordered for it since I canceled it.

Paying with the card would get me about 20$ for the computer and another 20$ for my bills if I had the credit to pay for both of them at once (still the same amount if I payed them separately but faster if I payed them all at once If had a higher limit.)

Note that I also do not spend more than what I have. I also only have 1 credit card which has the cashback and I have to use to get a good credit score here in the U.S. If it did not have these 2 I'd be paying with cash or check for everything.

I have no problem getting expensive parts so long as they are high grade or high-throughput. I am a thrifty person so I really don't like unnecessary costs or if I know I can get them for cheaper.