Nvidia Geforce windows won't start

bengel34

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
i just installed an nvidia gts 250 from xfx and it worked perfectly for about a week then all of a sudden my monitor just went black. now whenever i go to start up my computer it will only start in safe mode? Any ideas? also when i took the card out my computer ran fine with just the integrated video.

josemberroa

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009

Yes I had the same problem with 2 nvidia video cards the first one was PNY 8600 gt 512 factory overcloked... Then I decided to replace it with PNY gts 250 1024 and the same thing.... I email NVidia and they told me was video driver problems with windows 7...

after folowing their instructions almost the same..
Then I look for information with AMD and there is also a problem with driver and dual cores. I have a 6000+ apparently windows dont sync the video card with the timing of the proccesor and the processor overheat in seconds from 42 all the way to 117.

Why ? The new software make the computer believe thats has a single core instead of 2.
right now I downgrade my computer to XP 64 bit, one week later does not start I mean there is not video. The beeps sound ok when starts and it seems that boot.

But Im gonna check the power supply even though the computer boots ok.