Sign in with
Your question

RAID 1 Rebuild Question

Last response: in Storage
September 15, 2010 7:46:21 PM

Likely a dumb question but didn't want to chance it. I had a box at work that was using a RAID 1 setup on a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R motherboard and the motherboard went bad - in order to get the box up quickly, I took the drives out and installed them in an almost identical box. It worked fine but was no longer in RAID one - just had 2 identical drives. Since that time, the main drive has been used while the previously mirrored one is not - will I run into any issues by going into the mb setup and reestablishing RAID 1 on these drives? May not be an issue but I am running some critical work on here and can't spare the time to reinstall, etc., should this wipe out the drives.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. -Bob

More about : raid rebuild question

a c 78 V Motherboard
a b G Storage
September 16, 2010 1:19:34 AM

See if you can install them, boot into windows and then run Intel Rapid Storage Technology software to rebuild the volume.
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b G Storage
September 16, 2010 5:27:05 AM

treefrog07 said:
run Intel Rapid Storage Technology software to rebuild the volume.

Is this even possible? It looks like that is hardware specific. The "software" is just drivers for a few boards made by Intel. Right?

I found this thread cause i had the same question as the OP. I call shenanigans on this magic software you speak of.

m
l
September 23, 2010 12:27:35 PM

treefrog07 said:
See if you can install them, boot into windows and then run Intel Rapid Storage Technology software to rebuild the volume.

Thanks - took a look at the software and it looks like a possible software solution.

However, I would really like to take advantage of the hardware raid on the motherboard and need to know if reapplying this may cause me to lose any of the data.
m
l
!