RAID 1 Rebuild Question

Likely a dumb question but didn't want to chance it. I had a box at work that was using a RAID 1 setup on a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R motherboard and the motherboard went bad - in order to get the box up quickly, I took the drives out and installed them in an almost identical box. It worked fine but was no longer in RAID one - just had 2 identical drives. Since that time, the main drive has been used while the previously mirrored one is not - will I run into any issues by going into the mb setup and reestablishing RAID 1 on these drives? May not be an issue but I am running some critical work on here and can't spare the time to reinstall, etc., should this wipe out the drives.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. -Bob
3 answers Last reply
More about raid rebuild question
  1. See if you can install them, boot into windows and then run Intel Rapid Storage Technology software to rebuild the volume.
  2. treefrog07 said:
    run Intel Rapid Storage Technology software to rebuild the volume.

Is this even possible? It looks like that is hardware specific. The "software" is just drivers for a few boards made by Intel. Right?

I found this thread cause i had the same question as the OP. I call shenanigans on this magic software you speak of.
  3. treefrog07 said:
    See if you can install them, boot into windows and then run Intel Rapid Storage Technology software to rebuild the volume.

Thanks - took a look at the software and it looks like a possible software solution.

However, I would really like to take advantage of the hardware raid on the motherboard and need to know if reapplying this may cause me to lose any of the data.
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Rebuild Motherboards Storage