CPU: INTEL Q6600 GO 2.4ghz lapped
GPU: EVGA GTX 285 x2 SLI
MB: EVGA 750i SLI FTW
RAM: CORSAIR XMS2 8gb 800mhz
HS: MASSCOOL 8WA741 lapped
HDD: SEAGATE 500gb

CPU Temps: 35-40 idle / 50-60 load
GPU Temps: 40 idle / 60 load

I CAN GET 3.2 ON STOCK VOLTAGE WITH THIS SETUP, BUT TEMPS ARE 60-70 LOAD. TO HOT FOR ME.
CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A HEATSINK/FAN THAT WILL TAKE ME TO 50 LOAD WITH 3.2. OR FOR THAT MATTER JUST
A GOOD HEATSINK. - THANK YOU
16 answers Last reply
More about need good heatsink
  1. I can't believe you lapped a masscool HS.... Anywho, I'd suggest the OCZ vendetta 2 but your results are going to vary.
  2. jdigital1983, are you that bloke from Dilbert?, the one that always shouts.
  3. Was looking for a all copper unit
  4. Mousemonkey said:
    jdigital1983, are you that bloke from Dilbert?, the one that always shouts.

NO what are you talking about
  5. ALSO WHAT ABOUT THERMAL PASTE? IS ONE BETTER THAN THE NEXT?
  6. jdigital1983 said:
    NO what are you talking about

This :-
    jdigital1983 said:
    NOW WERE TALKING I WANT TO GET SOMETHING ALL COPPER THOUGH
  7. jdigital1983 said:
    ALSO WHAT ABOUT THERMAL PASTE? IS ONE BETTER THAN THE NEXT?

Back to the shouting huh.
  8. CAPS MAKES YOU READ IT ( catches your eye) is this better? sorry just used to typing in caps.
  9. In the forums it's considered as shouting and is more likely to get you ignored, the opposite effect that you are looking for.
  10. The difference between good thermal paste and great thermal paste is maybe 3 - 5 C.

I use Arctic Silver AS5. Also tried AS Ceramique. No detectable difference. Also had no detectable difference before and after the AS5 "cured".
    -------------------------
    GA-EP35-DS3P, Q6600 OC'd to 3.6 GHz, TRUE/Scythe S_Flex, Antec 900.
    Load temps 61 C - 65 C.
  11. ^ or stock thermal paste and OCZ freeze, upto 15C difference.
  12. Mousemonkey said:
    In the forums it's considered as shouting and is more likely to get you ignored, the opposite effect that you are looking for.

ok well thank you 4 that tip
  13. The Xigmatek HDT-s1283/1284 HS is the best you will get for your money. As for thermal paste, I use Arctic Cooling MX-2 because it is supposed to perform the best and, more importantly, I find it to be the best thermal paste I have ever spread.
  14. all-copper HS's are expensive and over-rated. Choose an HDT type like the Xigmatek or OCZ for the best performance. I got AC MX-2 also but only cuz it was convenient and not generic. Most of them would do fine.
  15. AS5 is really good but Shin Etsu X23-7783D is the best. Also the Noctua NH-U12P is a very good cooler if you can afford it. If that is too much then the Xigmatck that The_Blood_Raven mentioned is a very good choice as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608002

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8921/thr-57/Shin-Etsu_X23-7783D_Silicone_Thermal_Compound_-_1g.html?tl=c127s846b162&id=dQDhS4vL
  16. Xigmatek is on its way thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Heatsinks Product