Sign in with
Your question

Cpu temp agrivating

Last response: in Overclocking
September 30, 2010 12:38:26 AM

ok im about mad now ive tried everything i have a water cooled e5200 in the antec902 case and no matter what i still get idle temp of 35c ive over clocked it to 4.1 and idles at 35c ive under clocked it to the min of 1.2 from a stock 2.5 and it STILL idles at 35c the green is 4.1o/c and the white is 1.2 underclock

More about : cpu temp agrivating

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 30, 2010 11:07:57 AM

Try using different software - something's a miss.

You can't have a watercooled 1.2GHz processor at 35C lol, it'd probably be around ambient ;]. I'd suggest getting a copy of Everest Ultimate to check your temps (or just look in the bios?).

If your temps still stay the same, maybe your temp sensor in your CPU is knackered? - They do break sometimes.. I had a chip that said it was always at 5C lol.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 30, 2010 3:00:24 PM

I would test temperatures under load personally, idle temps don't really matter that much. Core 2 processors tjunction temperature reading becomes more accurate the closer to tjunction max you get. I would try realtemp out as well, it's a good program, and it allows for idle temp calibration. There are instructions as to the how to, on the website.
m
l
Related resources
September 30, 2010 3:57:00 PM

sportsfanboy said:
I would test temperatures under load personally, idle temps don't really matter that much. Core 2 processors tjunction temperature reading becomes more accurate the closer to tjunction max you get. I would try realtemp out as well, it's a good program, and it allows for idle temp calibration. There are instructions as to the how to, on the website.

well as u see my load at 4.1g is only 71c
and the cpu at 1.2 at 100% load for 30min did not even budge from 35c
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 30, 2010 4:39:57 PM

71c isn't bad for that overclock, but the voltage is a bit high for a 45nm core 2 chip.

I would back the voltage and clock speed down to facilitate a voltage closer to 1.37, which I believe is the max voltage for that chip.
m
l
September 30, 2010 10:12:58 PM

sportsfanboy said:
71c isn't bad for that overclock, but the voltage is a bit high for a 45nm core 2 chip.

I would back the voltage and clock speed down to facilitate a voltage closer to 1.37, which I believe is the max voltage for that chip.

that was just to see what my processor can do i run at a daily of 3.3 and 1.24v but still temps only range from 35c to 50c
m
l
September 30, 2010 10:14:37 PM

:bounce:  i hate that my cpu wont go lower then 35c im thinking just get a quad core and run that till i get my i7
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 1, 2010 2:25:18 AM

The 45nm chips had problems with the sensors some say it was the CPU batch and some say it was the motherboards. I had an E8400 and never seen idle temps below 38c on water, and I knew it was lower than that. As long as the load temps dont go over 70c or so you should be fine.
m
l
October 1, 2010 8:12:39 AM

d1rtyju1c3 said:
The 45nm chips had problems with the sensors some say it was the CPU batch and some say it was the motherboards. I had an E8400 and never seen idle temps below 38c on water, and I knew it was lower than that. As long as the load temps dont go over 70c or so you should be fine.

i doubt its my mobo lol and the bios reports 35c all the time as well
i still wanted to upgrade my processor and grafix just as a for now comp and im gonna give it to my gf for her games
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 1, 2010 12:33:56 PM

I dont mean there is something wrong with your motherboard. Just that it is a common problem with the 45nm chip it was either the sensors or the motherboards not being able to read them right.
m
l
!