Sign in with
Your question

WD Caviar Black 1TB, SSD 80GB and ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Issue

Last response: in Storage
September 16, 2010 4:24:48 AM

HI,

I have a new system and have followign issue:

1. When I connect SSD in SATA 3GB/s and WDC WD1002FAEX-OOY9A0 in SATA 6 GB/s and my BIOS is SET to AHCI, Windows 7 does not boot.

2. When I set BIOS storage configuration to IDE, WIndows 7 works.

3. Is there any tool I can use to see the data transfer rate for SSD 3GB/s and WD 6 GB/s HDD ?

4. How do I know my SSD TRIM function is working ???

5. I have 4 GB of Corsair 1600MHZ RAM, but my mobo only can detect 1333 ? Is there any BIOS setup in mobo ?

Please let me know. :bounce: 
a b G Storage
September 16, 2010 5:50:33 AM

I would be putting the SSD drive on the faster SATA 3 (6GB) connector and the WD FAEX on the standard SATA connector. There is no way it's going to work faster then the SSD drive. I assume you have the OS on the SSD it should then boot using the AHCI setting.
m
l
September 16, 2010 6:00:10 AM

I got it running. SSD on SATA 2 and WD HDD is on SATA3. I have to load a firware fix for WD Drive and apply the pathch using SATA2 cable then changed to SATA3 reboot PC and BIOS setting to AHCI. Also I have to chnage registry setting to "0".

My SSD is SATA II, will it work in SATA 3 ? I did not tery that yet ?

Is there any free tool to check data transfer rate for SSD and WD HDD ? Please let me know.
m
l
September 23, 2010 3:09:51 AM

Jonmor68 said:
I would be putting the SSD drive on the faster SATA 3 (6GB) connector and the WD FAEX on the standard SATA connector. There is no way it's going to work faster then the SSD drive. I assume you have the OS on the SSD it should then boot using the AHCI setting.

Yes, my BIOS setup is AHCI. Is there any tools or setup that can tell me TRIM is ON or OFF ? I looked at the disk manager and SSD defrag is turned off or never ran. Is that a indication TRIM is working ? Please advice.

Regards..
m
l
!