Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cooling
  • CPUs
  • Corsair
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
September 30, 2010 8:12:34 PM

greetings friends! i having a problem actually, i'm using the corsair H50 cooling for now, but it doesn't perform well on reducing heat...any suggestion the greatest cpu cooler in market...^_^

More about : bestest cpu cooler market

a c 162 à CPUs
a c 296 K Overclocking
September 30, 2010 9:36:17 PM

Hi.

What budget do u have? THe H70 performs much better the same for NH-D14, Titan Fenrir, Megahalems and Thermaltake Frio are the most used.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 30, 2010 10:03:41 PM

^+1
Any of the above are great coolers.
m
l
a c 120 à CPUs
a c 183 K Overclocking
October 1, 2010 1:42:11 AM

The best air-cooler currently available is the Thermalright Silver Arrow.
Thermalright Silver Arrow Dual 160mm x 140mm Fan Universal - $82.99
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11676/cpu-tri-77/Ther...

http://www.vortez.co.uk/contentteller/articles_pages/th...

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/therma...

It also comes with two very quiet high quality fans.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/140mm-...
m
l
October 1, 2010 6:41:20 AM

owh i see, actually, i don't mind with the budget, but i'm looking for the great cooling....as i curious with the temp h50 gave me now...liquid cooling give no good eh??
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 1, 2010 7:19:50 AM

The Corsair H70 performs better than the H50.

But self-contained liquid coolers do not outperform the best air coolers. Not yet.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 1, 2010 12:35:22 PM

^+1
m
l
October 1, 2010 2:24:22 PM

silver arrow is pretty sick not sure how it compares with the ifx-14 it's wayyyy too big though
im pretty happy with the megahalems
if you're willing to go liquid cooling then that would be the best but there is a risk factor and maintainance is crazy
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 1, 2010 2:25:30 PM

^ Same here. I love my Megahalems
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 1, 2010 2:33:53 PM

They all perform within 3-5c difference under load and the Megahalems is quite a bit smaller.
m
l
October 1, 2010 3:24:02 PM

megahalems with indigo xtreme is great
50 degrees load i7 920 stock, 70 degrees OC 3.66 load
amazing
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 4, 2010 9:58:33 AM

Go with any of the cooler suggested by saint 19 if you want to change from H50. BTW are you using single fan or push pull on the H50? Push pull on the H50 brings the temps down a bit but like d1rtyju1c3 suggested they all vary by just a few degrees from each other.

Also did you try changing the thermal compound on the H50? Changing the thermal compound from time to time also helps maintain consistent temps.....
m
l
a c 88 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 4, 2010 10:25:35 AM

Are you looking for the best air or water or phase change cooler? Air coolers are ok, water coolers that you build are better. Phase change coolers or perhaps a TEC are even better. I think a TEC is the best you can do for 24/7 operation as I think you have you stop and refill a LN system.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 5, 2010 2:58:53 AM

4745454b said:
Are you looking for the best air or water or phase change cooler? Air coolers are ok, water coolers that you build are better. Phase change coolers or perhaps a TEC are even better. I think a TEC is the best you can do for 24/7 operation as I think you have you stop and refill a LN system.

TECs are inefficient and there is a pretty big risk of fire as you reach the higher Qmax ratings (esp. when trying to TEC cool an power hungry beast like a i7 920 or a X6 with ton of voltage). Phase change is a completely difference beast and needs good planning and know how to build. LN2 is only for a bench run.

HOWEVER, if you have the money, you can get something pre built like this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6233/ex-vap-15/Cooler...

Imo, unless going for insane OCing records,etc you are better off with water cooling if money is not a problem. A top end CPU loop can be had for $300-350.
m
l
a c 88 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 5, 2010 4:59:43 AM

TECs may be inefficient, but properly done they can be nearly as good as phase change. They will cool a chip better then water.

Water is the best 24/7 cooler. Set up a good loop and you won't have much to worry about. Will cool better then an air cooler, and won't have the issues that come with TECs. (insane high heat on the other end of the plate.) You'll need a bit more then $300 for a top end loop, but even a $300 loop should do worlds better then TRUE or 212+
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 5, 2010 4:10:48 PM

^ Not really. You can get an XT (or HF) with a MCP655 + a MCR420 + Micro res for around $300.

From jabtech:

$240 with S&H. That leaves you $60 for fans, tubing,etc.
As long as you don't use insanely expensive fans (ie Gentle Typhoons) $300 should be enough for a top end WCing loop.

Yeah, TECs if done right will work very well, but I personally wouldn't get a TEC above 150W as it's too much work to get it to work well. You will more than likely need a dedicated PSU esp. if running a 24v TEC.
m
l
a c 88 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 5, 2010 4:36:16 PM

Its been awhile since I last looked at water blocks, but the apogee wasn't considered one of the best. I know the original one was barely better then an air cooler it was so bad inside. I don't know about this XP one. Also not sure about a sub $100 pump. Last I looked was a long time ago so I'm not surprised if you can do this now for $300ish. ($350 if you want those four 120mm fans.)

I've seen people use TECs with a water cooling loop to cool it. And yes, it had its own separate PSU. I consider them like the Dodge Vipers of the cooling world. To much power for their own good. Very capable cars/coolers if they are in the hands of those who can push them, but most likely overkill for most of us.
m
l
October 5, 2010 6:17:09 PM

if you're in canada, canada direct is WAYYYY cheaper than newegg and u get free shipping above $300
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 5, 2010 8:43:57 PM

Quote:
Its been awhile since I last looked at water blocks, but the apogee wasn't considered one of the best. I know the original one was barely better then an air cooler it was so bad inside. I don't know about this XP one. Also not sure about a sub $100 pump. Last I looked was a long time ago so I'm not surprised if you can do this now for $300ish. ($350 if you want those four 120mm fans.)

Things have changed a LOT in the WCing world now. The MCP655 is one of the top DC pumps, pretty much the standard pump every one uses (after the MCP355).
The Swiftech XT is one of the top CPU blocks, and only beaten by the EK Supreme HF, here is some testing: http://skinneelabs.com/i7-blocks-2.html
Skinnee is the go to guy for WCing testing these days.

The original Apogee Drive with the integrated pump was not that great, but the blocks after that were pretty near the top of the line.

Quote:

I've seen people use TECs with a water cooling loop to cool it. And yes, it had its own separate PSU. I consider them like the Dodge Vipers of the cooling world. To much power for their own good. Very capable cars/coolers if they are in the hands of those who can push them, but most likely overkill for most of us.

Agreed. I don't recommend TEC here at Toms as most people here are noobs (no offense) and would probably end up setting their stuff on fire.
m
l
a c 162 à CPUs
a c 296 K Overclocking
October 5, 2010 10:04:30 PM

@ Shadow703793: Can u send me two of those CPU waterblock? I'm building an own LCS and those are perfect for my needs :lol: 
m
l
October 13, 2010 5:05:55 AM

thanks friends...i'm wondering, how about V8 or V10??
m
l
a c 88 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 13, 2010 5:28:13 AM

V8 is ok, but expensive for the performance. The same is true of the V10. The V10 oddly doesn't cool as well as it should even though it has a TEC. Probably due to the profile.
m
l
October 13, 2010 4:05:50 PM

v8 or v10 are definate no, especially v10
v6 gt is better than both of those
m
l
a c 88 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 13, 2010 4:34:52 PM

I wouldn't call the V8 a "definite no". Its not a bad cooler, it just costs to much. If you have the $$$ and want to show off its a fine cooler. But for those of us who have to watch what they spend we'd be better off with a Hyper 212+.
m
l
October 13, 2010 6:23:37 PM

the v8 isn't a great cooler, especially when you compare it to the v6 gt, prom mega, thermalright ifx14, noctua something 14
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 13, 2010 6:26:25 PM

I agree dont get the V8, there are much better coolers for a lot cheaper.
m
l
October 13, 2010 9:36:20 PM

best cooler is thermalight silver arrow it beats noctua and is also quiter wiht better performance if u got the case to fit it in it beats all other coolers out there

a antec 900 or 900 two etc cases will fit it as i have seen videos of it
m
l
October 15, 2010 10:02:21 PM

yeah, both the zalman CNPS 10X and the thermalight were great, but, i think, the thermalight silver arrow were the bestest!, but, my problem is, the places for me to buy those, i'm at Malaysia, but none of thermalight cooler were found through the internet in Mlaysia marketplace, though in international, i found lots of 'em...if i bougt internationally, of course it costs me very, very, very lot lol....haha...^_~
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 16, 2010 8:13:27 AM

mirulkimi said:
yeah, both the zalman CNPS 10X and the thermalight were great, but, i think, the thermalight silver arrow were the bestest!, but, my problem is, the places for me to buy those, i'm at Malaysia, but none of thermalight cooler were found through the internet in Mlaysia marketplace, though in international, i found lots of 'em...if i bougt internationally, of course it costs me very, very, very lot lol....haha...^_~

try simlim square in singapore..........they have a lot of choices for cpu coolers......... some even do shipping and it will be cheap due to proximity......... search online for shops in simlim square and lot of them have online shopping and have PDF pricelists............
m
l
!