Why won't it work???????????????????????

JustMe

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003

Why in h*ll won't this d*mn game WORK?????? I bought University, installed
it, created Sims without any hacked objects, move them into non hacked
houses and they don't do ANYTHING!!!!! As in zip, zero, zilch, nada!!!

HELP!!!!!

Describe 'don't do anything'
Did you take out all downloads before installing the game?

"JustMe" <someone@someplace.com> wrote in message
> Why in h*ll won't this d*mn game WORK?????? I bought University,
installed
> it, created Sims without any hacked objects, move them into non hacked
> houses and they don't do ANYTHING!!!!! As in zip, zero, zilch, nada!!!
>
> HELP!!!!!

JustMe

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003

> Describe 'don't do anything'
> Did you take out all downloads before installing the game?

I moved the downloads folder out of the Sims2 area, into a seperate spot so
I wouldn't lose them.

Don't do anything = they won't respond. Even when I switch Sims from her to
him, the green thing that shows which is the active Sim won't move. I try
to get them to move to a different spot, they don't move. They don't even
look around or anything. They literally just stand there, totally
unresponsive.

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:14:48 -0600, "JustMe" <someone@someplace.com>
wrote:

>I moved the downloads folder out of the Sims2 area, into a seperate spot so
>I wouldn't lose them.

If you have any hacks installed there's no way you can be sure that
you've gotten all of the files just by moving the download folder,
since hacks usually install in other places.

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:14:48 -0600, "JustMe" <someone@someplace.com>
> wrote:
>

>>I moved the downloads folder out of the Sims2 area, into a seperate spot so
>>I wouldn't lose them.
>

> If you have any hacks installed there's no way you can be sure that
> you've gotten all of the files just by moving the download folder,
> since hacks usually install in other places.

But he says he has no hacks.

--
--Cuth

have you tried using the clean installer? if you scan your downloads folder
w/ the clean installer and look for career files (some could have been
installed while downloading a house) then that is what may be causing the
trouble!! Email me at shannon@murf2000.com if you need further help w/
this...it took me two days to find out what going on, and that was only
after reading through certain forums for that amount of time...let me know
if I can be of any help to you...I'm sure you are about ready to pull your
hair out (please don't do that though, it really hurts) :)

JustMe wrote:
> Why in h*ll won't this d*mn game WORK?????? I bought University, installed
> it, created Sims without any hacked objects, move them into non hacked
> houses and they don't do ANYTHING!!!!! As in zip, zero, zilch, nada!!!
>
> HELP!!!!!

As much of a pain as it is, I'd suggest uninstalling **everything** and
starting again. You won't lose your progress--the game will ask you if
you want to save your work or not. If that doesn't do the trick, then,
failing brilliant insights from one of the talented members of this
group who sometimes seem to know more about the game than the creators,
I'd place a call to The Temple of Doom, aka Maxis technical support.
Just make sure you pee first or have a long phone cord.

--
--Cuth

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:15:07 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>But he says he has no hacks.

Ah, I took it to mean he'd had hacks but had removed them.