JPG Playlist in WMP 10 to transfer to Axim X30

November 14, 2004 3:55:03 PM

In setting up a link to my device from WMP 10, I have requested that pictures
also be sync'd. I want to use the 5 Star rating to determine which pictures
get sync'd. In the library window, I see my 1500 + pictures but can not
"rate" any of the pictures. The column is greyed out and the options when
right clicking on the files does not work. Also, can I have the sync
automatically compress or resize the images before syncing to the PocketPC
device?
November 24, 2004 2:31:22 AM

How did you even get JPG's into WMP 10? It won't let me add any. It says I
can't because that file type is not supported.

--
Tim Nicholson
tim@pdainfosource.com

"Studer" <Studer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In setting up a link to my device from WMP 10, I have requested that
> pictures
> also be sync'd. I want to use the 5 Star rating to determine which
> pictures
> get sync'd. In the library window, I see my 1500 + pictures but can not
> "rate" any of the pictures. The column is greyed out and the options when
> right clicking on the files does not work. Also, can I have the sync
> automatically compress or resize the images before syncing to the PocketPC
> device?
Anonymous
November 24, 2004 2:31:23 AM

I browsed to the folder with the images. They show fine in wmp 10 but do not
allow me to rate them.

"Tim@PalmZone.net" wrote:

> How did you even get JPG's into WMP 10? It won't let me add any. It says I
> can't because that file type is not supported.
>

> --
> Tim Nicholson
> tim@pdainfosource.com
> Check out our MobileWeb Site Index at http://mobileweb.pdainfosource.com
>

> "Studer" <Studer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In setting up a link to my device from WMP 10, I have requested that
> > pictures
> > also be sync'd. I want to use the 5 Star rating to determine which
> > pictures
> > get sync'd. In the library window, I see my 1500 + pictures but can not
> > "rate" any of the pictures. The column is greyed out and the options when
> > right clicking on the files does not work. Also, can I have the sync
> > automatically compress or resize the images before syncing to the PocketPC
> > device?

November 27, 2004 1:10:06 AM

When I chose File | Add to Library | Add File or Playlist from WMP 10
desktop and then select a jpg, it tells me "Windows Media Player cannot add
the file to the library because the file format is not supported.". What are
you doing differently than me?

Ultimately I don't think you are going to be able to rate images, but the
rating is a field in the MP3 standard file format itself, but I'm interested
in what you are trying to do myself.

--

>I browsed to the folder with the images. They show fine in wmp 10 but do
>not
> allow me to rate them.
>
> "Tim@PalmZone.net" wrote:
>
>> How did you even get JPG's into WMP 10? It won't let me add any. It says
>> can't because that file type is not supported.
>>

>> --
>> Tim Nicholson
>> tim@pdainfosource.com
>> Check out our MobileWeb Site Index at http://mobileweb.pdainfosource.com
>>

>> "Studer" <Studer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > In setting up a link to my device from WMP 10, I have requested that
>> > pictures
>> > also be sync'd. I want to use the 5 Star rating to determine which
>> > pictures
>> > get sync'd. In the library window, I see my 1500 + pictures but can
>> > not
>> > "rate" any of the pictures. The column is greyed out and the options
>> > when
>> > right clicking on the files does not work. Also, can I have the sync
>> > automatically compress or resize the images before syncing to the
>> > PocketPC
>> > device?

Anonymous
November 28, 2004 2:41:05 PM

I have no such problems adding jpg images. I must have an add in that allows
me to select JPEG files. I suspect it must be a result of running Plus DME.
It allows you to do slide shows and has other feature additions for WMP. I
don't see any special notation in the "about" screen for WMP and the File
Types tabe in the Options dialog does not even mention JPG. The only mention
of pictures I can find in the options dialog is "Enable picture support for
devices" in the Player dialog. Do you have Plus! DME?

"Tim Nicholson" wrote:

> When I chose File | Add to Library | Add File or Playlist from WMP 10
> desktop and then select a jpg, it tells me "Windows Media Player cannot add
> the file to the library because the file format is not supported.". What are
> you doing differently than me?
>
> Ultimately I don't think you are going to be able to rate images, but the
> rating is a field in the MP3 standard file format itself, but I'm interested
> in what you are trying to do myself.
>
> --
> Tim Nicholson
> tim@pdainfosource.com
> Check out our MobileWeb Site Index at http://mobileweb.pdainfosource.com
>

> "Studer" <Studer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I browsed to the folder with the images. They show fine in wmp 10 but do
> >not
> > allow me to rate them.
> >
> > "Tim@PalmZone.net" wrote:
> >
> >> How did you even get JPG's into WMP 10? It won't let me add any. It says
> >> can't because that file type is not supported.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Tim Nicholson
> >> tim@pdainfosource.com
> >> Check out our MobileWeb Site Index at http://mobileweb.pdainfosource.com