Great place to find downloads for The Sims 2

Jeffro

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2002

There is a fairly new site called Sims2Living.com that is growing fast.
Lots of downloads and also mods. It is a paysite but it's very
inexpensive. Check it out!

On 8 Mar 2005 20:08:04 -0800, "Jeffro" <jtravers@comcast.net> wrote:

>There is a fairly new site called Sims2Living.com that is growing fast.
>Lots of downloads and also mods. It is a paysite but it's very
>inexpensive. Check it out!

Of course, you don't mention that it is your site.

cluedweasel wrote:
> yada-yada
> Of course, you don't mention that it is your site.

That's called promotion, and if you ever have your own website that you
want people to see, I'm sure you'll do the same. Or do you plan on
standing in the street handing out business cards? Are you upset that it
happens to be a pay site? Trust me, running a free site is not free to
the person who owns it. It has to be paid for. The sites that are free
have either advertising everywhere or very little content, pick one.

I can't understand why people like you do that. It is anal. Let people
promote their sites and if you don't want to visit the site, don't. It
is your choice. It doesn't make you a hero to complain about it. It just
makes known the fact that you are anal.

"PJ S" <pj@pj.com> wrote in message
> cluedweasel wrote:
> > yada-yada
> > Of course, you don't mention that it is your site.
>
> That's called promotion, and if you ever have your own website that you
> want people to see, I'm sure you'll do the same. Or do you plan on
> standing in the street handing out business cards? Are you upset that it
> happens to be a pay site? Trust me, running a free site is not free to
> the person who owns it. It has to be paid for. The sites that are free
> have either advertising everywhere or very little content, pick one.
>
> I can't understand why people like you do that. It is anal. Let people
> promote their sites and if you don't want to visit the site, don't. It
> is your choice. It doesn't make you a hero to complain about it. It just
> makes known the fact that you are anal.

Hmmm, it's also called spam!!! Whether or not the site has anything to do
with what goes on in this newsgroup is irrelevant. Notice that he did not
provide a link to his site at all.
It's okay tho because of all the publicity, his site will probably be down
in a week or two. People just do not understand how much bandwidth a sims
site produces.
Also, being that it is a new site, why is it a paysite?

Probably why people gave him a hard time..............why didn't he just say
it was his site instead of passing it off the way he did?

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 06:22:26 GMT, PJ S <pj@pj.com> wrote:

>That's called promotion, and if you ever have your own website that you
>want people to see, I'm sure you'll do the same. Or do you plan on
>standing in the street handing out business cards? Are you upset that it
>happens to be a pay site? Trust me, running a free site is not free to
>the person who owns it. It has to be paid for. The sites that are free
>have either advertising everywhere or very little content, pick one.

Riiight. Like it's *really* hard to get your page hosted or to place
stuff on P2P etc.

>I can't understand why people like you do that. It is anal. Let people
>promote their sites and if you don't want to visit the site, don't. It
>is your choice. It doesn't make you a hero to complain about it. It just
>makes known the fact that you are anal.

You know what's *really* anal? Calling people anal because they point
out false and spammy advertising for a guy who's clearly just out to
make a buck.

Oh, and logging on with a different name trying to defend your
original post. Also pretty anal.

PJ S wrote:

> I can't understand why people like you do that. It is anal. Let people
> promote their sites and if you don't want to visit the site, don't. It
> is your choice. It doesn't make you a hero to complain about it. It just
> makes known the fact that you are anal.

I can't understand why you feel compelled to lie. Why not just come out
and say "Hey, I have a new site and here it is, and I am rather excited
about it, and I welcome feedback" ?

Why hide who you are and attack anyone who may comment on your post? It
is certainly not going to win friends and attract business to your site.

-georg

It isn't even new, it's been out for ages.

MM

"Jeffro" <jtravers@comcast.net> wrote in message
> There is a fairly new site called Sims2Living.com that is growing fast.
> Lots of downloads and also mods. It is a paysite but it's very
> inexpensive. Check it out!

Would that be your own site Jeff?

PJ S <pj@pj.com> wrote:

>cluedweasel wrote:
>> yada-yada
>> Of course, you don't mention that it is your site.
>
>That's called promotion, and if you ever have your own website that you
>want people to see, I'm sure you'll do the same. Or do you plan on
>standing in the street handing out business cards? Are you upset that it
>happens to be a pay site? Trust me, running a free site is not free to
>the person who owns it. It has to be paid for. The sites that are free
>have either advertising everywhere or very little content, pick one.
>
>I can't understand why people like you do that. It is anal. Let people
>promote their sites and if you don't want to visit the site, don't. It
>is your choice. It doesn't make you a hero to complain about it. It just
>makes known the fact that you are anal.

Nobody is complaining about the fact that you're touting your site;
they're complaining that you're not revealing your connection with it.
I run a website (for a different hobby), too, and I tout it in
appropriate fora - but I always clearly indicate my affiliation to the
site - in my signature, if nowhere else - and have yet to get a
complaint about the touts.

--
Jeff Zeitlin
jzeitlin@cyburban.com

Jeff Zeitlin wrote:

> Nobody is complaining about the fact that you're touting your site;
> they're complaining that you're not revealing your connection with it.
> I run a website (for a different hobby), too, and I tout it in
> appropriate fora - but I always clearly indicate my affiliation to the
> site - in my signature, if nowhere else - and have yet to get a
> complaint about the touts.

I have also found the touting is less offensive if one is an active
participant in the group and is willing to discuss things where one
doesn't insert an ad in edgewise. :)

-georg

georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>Jeff Zeitlin wrote:
>
>> Nobody is complaining about the fact that you're touting your site;
>> they're complaining that you're not revealing your connection with it.
>> I run a website (for a different hobby), too, and I tout it in
>> appropriate fora - but I always clearly indicate my affiliation to the
>> site - in my signature, if nowhere else - and have yet to get a
>> complaint about the touts.
>>

>I have also found the touting is less offensive if one is an active
>participant in the group and is willing to discuss things where one
>doesn't insert an ad in edgewise. :)

This is true; point taken. I'm an irregular lurker here, reading only
thread that happen to catch my interest at any particular time, so it's
somewhat difficult for me to get an accurate picture of a person's
posting habits.

--
Jeff Zeitlin
jzeitlin@cyburban.com

Yes. And how do you infer from my post that I'm avoiding the fact that it
is mine? It simply says there is a new site out there. How much difference
does it make whose it is?

I promote the game in a very positive way. I'm generating business and
interest in the game, not hurting it. And I'm working very hard. That is
all I care about. So flame me all you want it doesn't matter.

JT

What was the original post? Not all of us have all posts showing at all
times. It is always a courtesy to leave the part of the post you are
replying to in your reply.

If perhaps it had something to do with you advertising your site but not
saying that it is yours..............well that may look to some like you are
ashamed of your site. Or perhaps there was something dishonest about your
site.
Why not just say something to the effect of 'check out my new site' :)