Why are pci expansion slots so expensive?

uRSALOG

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
gay lol its stupid that they should cost more than a motherboard.... i need another slot for a sound card i want to put in ><.

Basic production management. You have what is fixed costs in setting up your facilities. You have variable costs. That's what it costs you to make a single widget. Your fixed costs need to be spread over the number of widgets that you make. Not much demand for PCI slots.

Compare that with Intel. They'll spent $1 billion setting up a foundry, but once it's set up, they'll stamp out CPU's like Mrs. Fields makes cookies. Only faster.

uRSALOG

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
lol. these guys better get stamping then or no one is gonna buy their stuff unless its life or death lol or they got a lot of spare moolah

marcellis22

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
lol moron no spare moola or rational thought processes...Oh yeah, they're depending on people like you to buy their products when you didn't do diligent research when buying the motherboard you purchased to begin with. How many additional PCI slot devices do you need to add to a modern MB?

uRSALOG

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
my mobo has 1 pci-e slots being used by my graphics card and 2 pci slots it would be enough BUT my graphics card is huge so its covering one of them up. marcielli that not very nice at all what u said just calling a person a moron when you dont even know all the info, for your knowlege this is not a new build and my old graphics card wasnt covering up one of my pci slot so it would have been enough, then when i upgraded my card it covered it up.. unavoidable. i want a sound card but i dont have another pci slot for it is why i was looking at extensions. in the future if youre not gonna have any positive input.. please dont reply to my threads.. thanks