G

have this board and slight annoyance thats driving me nuts. Its the ram when one stick is inserted the ddr2 fsb is 800mhz. When i put more than one stick in it downgrades it to 667. I have gone into the board bios and there is no way of setting the dram fsb manually. I have also played around with the voltages nothing makes any changes. Also did a snapshot of the ram latency in cpuz with just one stick and then 2. The clocks are exactly the same 5-5-5-20. Although with one stick when the computer is used the fsb jumps to 400 then goes back down to 200. Also tried these stick in an asrock board which can manually set the fsb for dram and it worked and booted fine at 800mhz. Can anyone elaborate on what might me the problem as am about to pull my hair out.

old hat

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
have this board and slight annoyance thats driving me nuts. Its the ram when one stick is inserted the ddr2 fsb is 800mhz. When i put more than one stick in it downgrades it to 667. I have gone into the board bios and there is no way of setting the dram fsb manually. I have also played around with the voltages nothing makes any changes. Also did a snapshot of the ram latency in cpuz with just one stick and then 2. The clocks are exactly the same 5-5-5-20. Although with one stick when the computer is used the fsb jumps to 400 then goes back down to 200. Also tried these stick in an asrock board which can manually set the fsb for dram and it worked and booted fine at 800mhz. Can anyone elaborate on what might me the problem as am about to pull my hair out.
if this will help look up on google type in your moterboard model also look up bios on your motherboard and see what bios you have and find out if a newer bios is out for your motherboard the manfacture that made your board is the best place to start google is also a good place find out more about your board the manfacture that made your board will have a list of memery that will work with your motherboard the bios update is the best way to go and it will help your motherboard to work with newer hard ware i hope this will help have a nice day