PhoenixFlame

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
Hello,

I'm looking for options in a SSD 40GB or above as a boot drive. I have been trying to find somewhere that offers a drive in this range with a lifetime warrenty. So far my searches have come up empty, could anyone point me in the right direction? Or if there are no lifetime warranties to be had how about a brand known for a low fail rate? I would really like to avoid reinstalling my O/S all that often =) thanks in advance :)

Additional: I've read elsewhere on the boards that gen 3 SSD's are going to hit the market "soon" can anyone give me a ballpark? Should I just hold off getting an SSD upgrade until then, and would anyone know if that might effect warranty coverage? (yes I know lots of "ifs" and "maybes" but I haven't been able to find much in the way of useful information on the subject :kaola: )

Solution
1) I'm not aware of any SSD with a lifetime warranty. The longest I've seen is 5 years and by that time it'll be outdated or you xan higher capacities at a lower price.

2) Brands... Intel & OCZ are the best two followed by G.SKILL & Curcial

3) The last I've seen are the newer Intel SSD's should be hitting the market later this year with others following suit quickly behind. I've not seen a firm date, as of yet.

4) I would wait for the new Intel or go with the OCZ Vertex 2, if buying now. Curcial C300 is good if you are running a SATA 6.0 Gb/s capable motherboard.

tecmo34

Administrator
1) I'm not aware of any SSD with a lifetime warranty. The longest I've seen is 5 years and by that time it'll be outdated or you xan higher capacities at a lower price.

2) Brands... Intel & OCZ are the best two followed by G.SKILL & Curcial

3) The last I've seen are the newer Intel SSD's should be hitting the market later this year with others following suit quickly behind. I've not seen a firm date, as of yet.

4) I would wait for the new Intel or go with the OCZ Vertex 2, if buying now. Curcial C300 is good if you are running a SATA 6.0 Gb/s capable motherboard.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS