Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • PCI
  • World Of Warcraft
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 27, 2009 12:10:39 PM

Hey all!

Currently I am using a radeon 9250 256MB PCI Video card.
I'm really just looking for something that will improve my framerate in
World Of Warcraft, really not interested in other graphics demanding games.

Has anyone upgraded there video card at all and noticed a better gaming experience for this game ?

P.S. I don't have any other exp slots on my board and since i really just want to improve the framerate for one game that came out in 2004 I dont want to upgrade the motherboard just yet if I dont have to.

Thanks

David

More about : pci cards wow

a b U Graphics card
March 27, 2009 1:08:49 PM

Welcome to the forums!

An ATI HD2600XT is about as high as you should go with an old motherboard.
Related resources
March 27, 2009 10:14:46 PM

Is there an online store I can buy this from ? Canadian site preferred.
a b U Graphics card
March 27, 2009 11:01:40 PM

You can look at the various cards on NewEgg Canada (www.newegg.ca), then you can check if you don't find lower prices elsewhere using www.shopbot.ca.

What exactly are your current system spec? Might have reach the end of it's useful life. And BTW, the latest WoW expansion does require a decent graphic card because of various graphical improvements.

Before buying a new card, post again telling us what you found and for what price ... because it might be a better investment to change something else or your entire PC for that matter.
June 28, 2010 8:56:25 PM

Hi im currently looking for a new pci video card not pci express but idk how to find out if it has the requirements to play world of warcraft anyone mind telling me what i have to know in order to find out which video cards support WoW or can anyone tell me one that are about 50bucks or cheaper...prefer amazon.... thanx
!