Sign in with
Your question

Hard Disk no longer in My Computer but is being read

Last response: in Storage
September 18, 2010 3:11:51 AM

Hello everyone,
First I wanted to say thank you for providing extensive information on pretty much everything as it has helped me numerous times diagnose alot of problems that I've come across. Unfortunately, I'm completely stumped and have exhausted myself in this problem. I'm currently finishing up a i7 build, but my windows 7 CD was giving me issues. I then attempted to make a bootable USB using its files but in the end that didn't work out because of some permission issue. When I was closing everything out I noticed that only my C: drive was visible. My C: drive acts as the OS drive with a secondary drive being where I save all my work. That drive disappeared, I looked under Bios and its there as well as under disk management. I've checked all the connections, and replaced the SATA cable numerous times to no avail. I also assigned it a drive letter under disk management and it appears under "My Computer" but with all my data gone. I provided a screen shot on what appears when I go into properties. For some reason the 95 megs worth of files isn't showing up on the drive.

I'm currently using Windows 7 64-bit and I've removed the drive and attempted the same thing on another computer with XP with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
September 18, 2010 1:46:19 PM

No luck, and I also enabled hidden folders and what not but nothing. I'm thinking when I was using cmd to make that bootable usb it may of partitioned my work drive...? But I know I wouldn't assign its drive letter when doing so but it was late at night lol.
m
l
Related resources
!