Motherboard BIOS update problem

vektorbiome

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Last night I downloaded Biostar's Bios update tool for my TA780G M2+. It installed just fine and upated my bios without any problems, but then after a reboot it would hang with a black screen. I read the newegg reviews of the TA780G M2+ and a lot of people complained about it not working with CPUs that exceeded 95 watts after a bios update but I'm not sure if that's my issue because the Phenom 9600 does not exceed 95 watts. There are no beeping sounds or anything. Is my motherboard bricked? Is there anyway to fix it?

Specs:
AMD Phenom 9600 2.3GHz
Biostar TA780G M2+ AM2/AM2+ mobo
4 GB Kingston 6400 DDR2 800 MHz
1x Seagata Barracuda 7200 RPM 3.5' 160GB
1x Western Digital 7200 RPM 3.5' 80 GB
Sapphire 4850 512mb
LITEON DVD Combo
Toshiba DVD Drive
430 Antec Power Supply

Solution
All you can do is use the cmos jumper to reset the bios to default, or remove the board battery for a few seconds, and try posting again. If the board is still under warranty, you can send it to biostar; I believe they charge a handling fee of about $30.
All you can do is use the cmos jumper to reset the bios to default, or remove the board battery for a few seconds, and try posting again. If the board is still under warranty, you can send it to biostar; I believe they charge a handling fee of about $30.

Solution