artvandalay

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
The asus website has no driver for windows 7 for the Rampage 2 extreme. Ive been doing some searching and come accross a few things, but it didnt really answer my qurstions.
1. Will the chipset driver for vista found on asus's site work fine? or shoul I use the one through windows update(assuming there is one as I havent installed 7 yet)
2. Are any of the drivers, if they do work, in good working order on 7. I mean will games run smoothly?
3. Is there anyone out there who has windows 7 and this mobo who can verify that this is indeed working, and working well.

Thanks in advance,
ArtVandalay

Neverwinterrnights

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
I have such a board together with the RC Windows 7 and I can confirm them working together. Some of the special Asus software regarding OC'ing the board is not yet working but that will be the case I think when Asus will support officially Windows 7. You can't blame Asus for not releasing drivers for an OS still not released itself.
Games, programs ( office and such) are running without any problem. Windows 7 found most of the drivers automatically.
Give it a try:)