Overclockers told to pull benchmarks

rangers

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/563/1051563/more-ati-4890-benchmarks

SOON AFTER POSTING our story about a "mysterious" (or not so mysterious) ATI 4890 Card having its benchmarks flashed over at the Novatech forum, an irate reader commented: "It's a PR stunt. The screen shots are the same as the ones on the overclockers.co.uk site. There [sic] rigged. I doubt he even has one of the 'mystery' cards".

Well, thank you, irate reader. But you are, in fact, wrong. How do we know this? Well, for a start, because Gibbo is actually from Overclockers in the first place and, second of all, because Overclockers were actually the ones to copy Novatech as soon as Gibbo posted his results. Oh, but on a different system, just to jazz it all up a bit. And apparently there's a funny story behind it all, we've just not been made privvy to it.

Anyway, AMD, none too impressed with Overclockers for breaking its NDA, made the site pull its benchmarks, but not before we managed to grab a few screenshots for you, adored readers.

retards

rangers

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
the interesting part is it is running at 4850 speed

Apparently the card performs almost as well as Crossfired 4850's, runs quite cool (50°C at full load), but is a little bit of a screamer if run at over 50 per cent.

Telford told the INQ that he noticed his new purchase was actually not running at default clocks according to Catalyst Control Centre, despite not touching Overdrive.

"It's defaulted to 4850 GPU and Memory clocks, i.e. 625MHz GPU and 993MHz memory," he said, adding he was unsure whether it was a driver issue or not. "Catalyst 9.3 drivers from the AMD website didn't work, so I used the supplied drivers," Telford explained.

i wonder if there all like that, if they are we can expect a lot more from this GPU