Sign in with
Your question

BIOSTAR tf570 motherboard fried? PLEASE HELP!!

Last response: in Motherboards
August 12, 2009 10:09:35 PM

Hi all, thanks for taking a look. But a little bit ago, I had my CPU overclocked a tad (lol) and I guess my computer got "stuck" at the blue screen of death. I didnt come home and notice for *HOURS* after the screen popped up. When I walked into my room it was like a OVEN.

I knew something had gone wrong because when I tried to boot the computer back up, the motherboard no longer beeped as it had before when ever I booted up the PC.

So I thought that I had just melted the CPU and that it needed replacing. Replaced that, but still no boot (now very upset I wasted money on a new CPU). Bios doesnt appear and the monitor isnt recieving any iformation to display. The board still doesnt beep either. Ive tried clearing teh CMOS, but nothing.

Im just wondering if there is a way to maybe RESET a protection on the motherboard (if it became too hot or something?). Or if there is a way to tell if the problem rests in the motherboard.

I believe the computer would still boot even if the hard-drive or RAM had bit the bullet, right? Thanks all, cya.
a b V Motherboard
August 13, 2009 12:54:10 AM

Have you checked your mobo and ram for signs of being busted like blown capacitors, etc?
m
l
August 14, 2009 5:19:08 AM

yes I have, everything seems to be fine though!?! No burn/dark marks anywhere?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 14, 2009 5:24:06 AM

Could you give the full specs of your PC. Include all the necessary details for each component.
m
l
!