Sign in with
Your question

Recover data from disk.

Last response: in Storage
September 18, 2010 6:15:23 AM

I hope this is the right forum.

I wanted to change some partitions on my computer, so i installed one of those freeware partion programs, i think it was partition magic. But i cant be sure.

After i installed the program, i got a bunch of pop ups from the program about there being some errors on my HDDs and that the program would fix them for me. So i said yes to them all. But apparently there was some compatibility problems with windows 7 and that freeware partion program. So i couldnt start the program

After a reboot windows 7 wouldnt boot anymore. My computer didnt recognize any installed windows version on my computer. So i plugged in another hdd and installed a clean windows 7 on that one.

Now im desperate to recover some of the data from my original windows 7 HDD.

My BIOS have deteched the hdd, but i can find it along my other hdds in windows.

My devicemanagement can see the hdd just fine, but when i reintalled windows 7, my old hdd didnt show during the install program, as an option to install windows 7 on it.

What can i do to recover my data?

If the toms hardware cant help me, perhaps you guys could recommend a forum that could?

Thx in advance!

More about : recover data disk

a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
September 18, 2010 8:24:54 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Windows 7 to section Storage by Buwish
!