University UK

Hi Everyone,

A quick note to any UK fans - my University EP arrived this morning. I got
it for £14.99 from play.com. I bought it on Sunday. They said it would
take 3-5 days. I'm obviously perfectly happy with the service I received.
I feel gleeful.

Best wishes
Maxon
13 answers Last reply
More about university

    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > A quick note to any UK fans - my University EP arrived this morning. I
    > got
    > it for £14.99 from play.com. I bought it on Sunday. They said it would
    > take 3-5 days. I'm obviously perfectly happy with the service I received.
    > I feel gleeful.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon

    That was quick even on play.com's website it says ''Due for release on
    11/03/2005''
    I have mine ordered from Amazon Same price though.

    Tracym

    Yes, but it does also say 'In Stock'.

    Hope yours comes soon. Get 'em while they're hot.

    Anyway, this afternoon, after lunch, I shall embark on the great
    installation adventure.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > > Hi Everyone,
    > >
    > > A quick note to any UK fans - my University EP arrived this morning. I
    > > got
    > > it for £14.99 from play.com. I bought it on Sunday. They said it would
    > > take 3-5 days. I'm obviously perfectly happy with the service I
    received.
    > > I feel gleeful.
    > >
    > > Best wishes
    > > Maxon
    > >
    > That was quick even on play.com's website it says ''Due for release on
    > 11/03/2005''
    > I have mine ordered from Amazon Same price though.
    >
    > Tracym

    I've just cancelled my Amazon uk order and will buy it in town.

    They haven't even got it ready for dispatch and it should be if it is to
    arrive by the weekend here. I am only a short walk from lots of gameshops
    here though.

    I don't know why but they are always late with my Sims games. Maybe it is
    better or go for 2nd class post as they have to send them out earlier.

    Skeatsan''co

    > Yes, but it does also say 'In Stock'.
    >
    > Hope yours comes soon. Get 'em while they're hot.
    >
    > Anyway, this afternoon, after lunch, I shall embark on the great
    > installation adventure.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >
    > "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi Everyone,
    >> >
    >> > A quick note to any UK fans - my University EP arrived this morning. I
    >> > got
    >> > it for £14.99 from play.com. I bought it on Sunday. They said it
    >> > would
    >> > take 3-5 days. I'm obviously perfectly happy with the service I
    > received.
    >> > I feel gleeful.
    >> >
    >> > Best wishes
    >> > Maxon
    >> >
    >> That was quick even on play.com's website it says ''Due for release on
    >> 11/03/2005''
    >> I have mine ordered from Amazon Same price though.
    >>
    >> Tracym

    On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:32:16 GMT, "Maxon"
    <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Hi Everyone,

    Saw the title and thovght someone had come vp with a British
    University expansion pack! It wovld inclvde svch things as drinking 10
    pints of Newkie Brown in the Stvdent Union, selling rag mags to
    shoppers on a Satvrday, going on pvb crawls, flooding the bathrooms in
    the halls of residence, waking vp and not knowing where yov are and
    all those other fvn experiences of going to Uni. in the U.K. :)
    Personally, I find the EP a bit too American for my tastes and can't
    really relate to it.

    "Skeatsan''co" <overthemoon@overthemoonagain.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I've just cancelled my Amazon uk order and will buy it in town.
    >
    > They haven't even got it ready for dispatch and it should be if it is to
    > arrive by the weekend here. I am only a short walk from lots of gameshops
    > here though.
    >
    > I don't know why but they are always late with my Sims games. Maybe it is
    > better or go for 2nd class post as they have to send them out earlier.
    >
    > Skeatsan''co

    Is it same price in Shops as on amazon/play.com if so i will go to game and
    see if its in and get it from there,
    have some vouchers built up too at game so get it even cheaper.

    Tracym

    > Is it same price in Shops as on amazon/play.com if so i will go to game
    > and see if its in and get it from there,
    > have some vouchers built up too at game so get it even cheaper.
    >
    > Tracym

    Game has it at the official price. Amazon put up their price recently. I
    had ordered it at £14.99 but with postage it was higher than getting it in
    town. I get free transport at my age ;-))

    I ordered the University strategy guide from online Game though as it was
    sold out when I visited their shop.

    Skeatsan''co

    I meant the Sims 2 original guide!!

    Skeatsan''co

    > I ordered the University strategy guide from online Game though as it was
    > sold out when I visited their shop.
    >
    > Skeatsan''co

    "Skeatsan''co" <overthemoon@overthemoonagain.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Is it same price in Shops as on amazon/play.com if so i will go to game
    >> and see if its in and get it from there,
    >> have some vouchers built up too at game so get it even cheaper.
    >>
    >> Tracym
    >
    > Game has it at the official price. Amazon put up their price recently. I
    > had ordered it at £14.99 but with postage it was higher than getting it in
    > town. I get free transport at my age ;-))
    >
    > I ordered the University strategy guide from online Game though as it was
    > sold out when I visited their shop.
    >
    > Skeatsan''co
    I got free delivery with amazon like, I just thought if it was in stock now
    in town at same price would have gone for it,
    Just tried to order it from Play.com it said i would be pre ordering, so
    stopped.
    never mind, will just have to wait a little longer, havent played TS2 for a
    while,
    Just wondering if to uninstall the whole lot and reinstall it all together
    from fresh,
    anyone done that, is it better to do it that way.

    Tracym

    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > A quick note to any UK fans - my University EP arrived this morning. I
    > got
    > it for £14.99 from play.com. I bought it on Sunday. They said it would
    > take 3-5 days. I'm obviously perfectly happy with the service I received.
    > I feel gleeful.

    I got mine this morning too, it installed fine but I had problems running it
    at first. But it works now and it's great :D

    Deborah
    --
    Hamster Heaven - http://www.hamsterheaven.co.uk

    I took everything out - everything I could find that I had put in -
    Downloads, no-blur patch, Saved Sims and then loaded. It was fine. Took
    about 10 minutes tops to install and then I had a good poke about in one of
    the university neighbourhoods. I'm putting stuff back in now - skins, walls
    and floors are no problem at all, and I'm checking through the objects as I
    go. My families are still all present and correct though ALL the teenagers
    now want to go to college!

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    >I took everything out - everything I could find that I had put in -
    > Downloads, no-blur patch, Saved Sims and then loaded. It was fine. Took
    > about 10 minutes tops to install and then I had a good poke about in one
    > of
    > the university neighbourhoods. I'm putting stuff back in now - skins,
    > walls
    > and floors are no problem at all, and I'm checking through the objects as
    > go. My families are still all present and correct though ALL the
    > teenagers
    > now want to go to college!

    The strange thing is I don't have many items in my downloads folder and
    they're all things supported by maxis. I don't use hacks or re-coloured
    objects. So i was a bit surprised the game wouldn't work with them. :S

    Deborah
    --

    > "Skeatsan''co" <overthemoon@overthemoonagain.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> Is it same price in Shops as on amazon/play.com if so i will go to game
    >>> and see if its in and get it from there,
    >>> have some vouchers built up too at game so get it even cheaper.
    >>>
    >>> Tracym
    >>
    >> Game has it at the official price. Amazon put up their price recently.
    >> I had ordered it at £14.99 but with postage it was higher than getting it
    >> in town. I get free transport at my age ;-))
    >>
    >> I ordered the University strategy guide from online Game though as it was
    >> sold out when I visited their shop.
    >>
    >> Skeatsan''co
    > I got free delivery with amazon like, I just thought if it was in stock
    > now in town at same price would have gone for it,
    > Just tried to order it from Play.com it said i would be pre ordering, so
    > stopped.
    > never mind, will just have to wait a little longer, havent played TS2 for
    > a while,
    > Just wondering if to uninstall the whole lot and reinstall it all together
    > from fresh,
    > anyone done that, is it better to do it that way.
    >
    > Tracym

    Got the email from Amazon saying they dispatched it today so hopefully it
    will be here soon.

    Tracym

    > "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Skeatsan''co" <overthemoon@overthemoonagain.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> Game has it at the official price. Amazon put up their price recently.
    >>> I had ordered it at £14.99 but with postage it was higher than getting
    >>> it in town. I get free transport at my age ;-))
    >>>
    >>> I ordered the University strategy guide from online Game though as it
    >>> was sold out when I visited their shop.
    >>>
    >>> Skeatsan''co
    >> I got free delivery with amazon like, I just thought if it was in stock
    >> now in town at same price would have gone for it,
    >> Just tried to order it from Play.com it said i would be pre ordering, so
    >> stopped.
    >> never mind, will just have to wait a little longer, havent played TS2 for
    >> a while,
    >> Just wondering if to uninstall the whole lot and reinstall it all
    >> together from fresh,
    >> anyone done that, is it better to do it that way.
    >>
    >> Tracym
    >

    > Got the email from Amazon saying they dispatched it today so hopefully it
    > will be here soon.
    >
    > Tracym

    Arrived this morning, But was charged PP so cost £17.74, i complained, and
    Amazon refunded my PP costs.
    Now i uninstalled everything reinstalled everything and now just ready to
    play.

    Tracym

Sims Games Video Games