Your question

Is this a good start ?

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 3, 2010 12:23:07 PM

Hi community!! I'm new :) 
Well, I have a core I7 930 and these are my current overclocked specs, are they any good ?
Idle temperature is around 39 degrees C, and it maxes out around 65 degrees C
:) 
My cooling kit is a Corsair H70 , stock fans in push pull intake setup,
In a coolermaster CM690 series

What voltage should my cpu be at ?

More about : good start

October 3, 2010 9:06:34 PM

I got same CPU, I'm running 4.2 @ 1.29v

Asking what voltage your CPU should run at is a tough question to answer, as it depends from CPU and Mobos.
You should try to lower the volt until it isn't stable anymore.

If you are looking for a higher clock, you just raise the volt and CPU core clock, and have a multiplier of 21. (1.45v is absolute max the CPU can handle)

And don't forget to stay below 80c.

Hope that helped you.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 4, 2010 5:41:50 PM

Thanks so much slipperss :)  :) 
Hm, I'm on a Gigabyte X58-UD3R
Its a bit tricky when it comes to voltage as it states on auto (1.25v) But I know its not at that. The skew is 900mva,
I think its around 1.34v or so.

How do you run at 4.2 ? Happy with it ? :) 
The system runs beauuutifully, just having some problems with my graphics card atm.gr

If you were to buy a graphics card, would you wait a bit or buy one now ? and which ?
Related resources
October 4, 2010 8:54:33 PM

that depends on how much money your willing to spend and what cards your mobo will support. personally i would wait for CES if it was possible. CES happens in january in Vegas and they always hold off the amazing stuff for when CES rolls around. obviously if you burned a card you cant wait but if you can survive till CES the market looks promising for the new 3D technology :) 
October 4, 2010 9:13:24 PM

That is a good start, I just tried my i7 950 last night at 4Ghz. I need 1.3v to achieve stability on a EVGA SLI3 motherboard.

So far from what I have seen, the Gigabyte UD3/5/7 motherboards can get 4Ghz on 1.25v-1.75v. Nice temps with that H70, I have an H50 on a push/pull set up. My temps reached 78c on a 18hr Prime95 Blended torture test.

Do you have Turbo on?
!