Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte ex58-ud5 installation

Last response: in Motherboards
August 13, 2009 12:32:56 AM

I am building my first htpc and have done a pretty good job so far. I have everything in the chassis, just finishing up the chassis connectors then the power for each item.

I have 3 connectors I am not sure where they go on the motherboard.

1. Power SW
2. HDD LED
3. Motherboard USB - This is a 4 pin connector which I did connect to the 2nd usb connector on the MB. Not sure if this is correct.

I connected the blue and white connector, power led in slot 11.

Thanks for your help.

Jim
August 13, 2009 12:58:40 AM

You connect the power switch and hdd cables to the front panel header. This is labeled as '12' in your manual and is immediately to the right of the '11' you plugged the power led to. If you whip it out, you will find a detailed diagram of this header and where to connect the power switch and hdd cables.
m
l
August 13, 2009 1:17:04 AM

spinny said:
You connect the power switch and hdd cables to the front panel header. This is labeled as '12' in your manual and is immediately to the right of the '11' you plugged the power led to. If you whip it out, you will find a detailed diagram of this header and where to connect the power switch and hdd cables.

I see that now, how did i miss that. Okay, got them all connnected now, working on the power cables now. Cant wait to boot it up. Hopefully I did everything right.

Thanks

Jim
m
l
Related resources
August 13, 2009 1:05:53 PM

Looks like I have everything connected, so I booted up and nothing on the screen. I have a feeling it is because I am connecting the monitor via hdmi to the hd4890 card. Do i need to connect via dvi or vga to get this going?

Thanks

Jim
m
l
August 13, 2009 3:55:44 PM

Yes I would connect via DVI or VGA to start. I doubt it will output anything via HDMI without drivers and settings changes first.
m
l
August 13, 2009 4:07:41 PM

spinny said:
Yes I would connect via DVI or VGA to start. I doubt it will output anything via HDMI without drivers and settings changes first.

That must be my problem. I will have to get a dvi cable first and then try. Thanks.
m
l
!