NVidia 9800 at really high temperature, need help

G

Hey. I purchased an Inno3D 9800 GT and later I found out that it apparently has some cooling problems.
I tried tools such as RivaTuner, DualCoreCenter (MSI's Utility for controlling stuff that happens) and other stuff like SpeedFan, but nothing works.
I really need help, because when I start benchmarking or such, or playing games such as GTA IV, or Far Cry 2, the GPU reaches +75 celsium approx and I get a BSoD.
The setup is Q8200 QUAD at 2.33GHz stock (not clocked it yet), with 4GB of DDR2 ram, and a Fortron 450W PSU.
I really need help, and thanks for your time :)

G

Hmm.. I'm not sure that it crashes at 75C, I'll run Crysis in windowed mode and see what temp it goes to boom, then I'll post it here.
Although, I finished building this PC about 2 hours ago and I haven't really put any cooling into it, it's just the CPU fan and the GPU fan, nothing else.
I'm going to put either 3 Zalman fans, or water cooling. Which do you think is better, and can you recommend me water cooling if it is better?

G

Hmm, it'd be kinda better if you explain it more "English-like" since I'm pretty new to the whole hardware-overclocking scene.

G

Yeah, I know what a CPU is, heh, and yes, it is all the way.
Well, I got into overclocking a few days ago, I'm mostly a gamer but it's time to move on :)
Anyway, thanks for the help.

TRENDING THREADS