Sign in with
Your question

DATA RECOVERY

Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 19, 2010 4:11:44 AM

Hello,
i had problem with my hard drive, i asked technician to fix the problem, he changed operating system and formatted all my previous data, can i recover my data?

More about : data recovery

a b G Storage
September 19, 2010 4:35:17 AM

Probably not, although a program that recovers data from a formatted disk might help recover some of your data.

You see, when you reformat a disk, you are just wiping the directory tables. As long as the data has not been overwritten, it is still present on the disk.

Google something like "recover formatted disk".
m
l
Anonymous
a b G Storage
October 15, 2010 2:10:20 AM

Formatting won't make the data in the hard disk erased permanently at the moment, I think. Those formatted data are still stored on the disk just invisible or inaccessible. Only the FAT or NFTS table erased the information about where those data were saved but the real data are still intact there in sectors of the disk.So as long as those data are not overwritten by new data, it's highly possible to recover them. And the MOST Effective way is to rely on some file recovery software or more specificly some format recovery programs to get them recovered.

Be careful, before the formatted data are recovered, better not put more data to the drive.
m
l
Related resources
December 6, 2010 4:46:36 AM

I had a good recovery experience, with Fields recovering most of my data, and Rapid Data Recovery, the first choice, not charging for a diagnostic and referral.
m
l
Anonymous
a b G Storage
December 6, 2010 10:30:10 AM

http://www.icare-recovery.com/howto/recover-data-after-...

Such material might be great help.

Note: never write new data before you restore files. Any new file write to the formatted drive will prevent you from getting your files sound. Or your files will get corrupted.
m
l
!