Psu burn out when mobo powered on

dgoldberg

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
i am gunna need some help guys, i had a warlock 1100w power supply, using a cor i7 build with the evga classified mobo and a 295 gtx made by asus, a xonar asus sound card,asus blueray drive, 12 gigs of ddr3 g skill, and a stock cpu cooler(oh and a 1tb caviar black

everything was set up perfectly (graphics card may not have been plugged into psu) i checked all the cords 3 times over, everything was fine, i powered on thepsu, the blue leds lit up in it, i pressedd clear cmos, and the motherboards awesomeblue leds were lit up, i presseed power and........
pop power supply sparks or somethin on theinside, the led goes out, and everything loses power,the surge protector i was using is still in tact, and the outlet works, wat went wrong, what might be daMAGED, and how can i fix this ? :( please help - D

dgoldberg

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
the psu can no doubt power my system, but i geus wat you are saying is it is faulty, i will rma it and try a new one, although what if teh new one blows out also?

Your power supply is garbage. Replace it with one from a reputable maker, and cross your fingers that the piece of junk you decided to power your system with did not damage your expensive components when it blew up.

/boggle @ people who fill their case with the best, and most expensive components, then power it with bargain basement PSUs

dgoldberg

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
first of all, i payed for it, and i dotn wana pay for a new one lol, so ill try and rma it, and no the powersupply is destroyed,it wont turn on at all, therefore nothing will turn on. this is my first build btw**
also i think ill just rma it and if it doesnt work i gues i will buy a corasair, but i need a find a cheaper i7 1100 wat powersupply with 2 6pins and 2 8 pins, newegg links would be helpful
im having a pro technician come over to make sure nothing else was damaged, so i dont go and fry another powersupply if my mobo or cpu are f***ed up
excuse my terrible spelling im using a crappylogitech keybored, rather than my usual razer mirrored keyboard:(

any other opinionsare apreciated :ange:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts