JensWare

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
I'm forced to buy a new laptop because of Nvidia failure. I do graphics and video editing. I want Intel Core 2 Duo but am not sure if the integrated graphics accelerator 4500 will do the trick because of soo much multi tasking. I don't do gaming but I do use cad programs and some 3D stuff. I would also be interested in ATI. I'm angry with HP for not accepting responsibility for their Nvidia graphics failures. This is the second HP laptop to have Nvidia graphics failure, so I'm not sure I even want an HP anymore. Any advice?

JensWare

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
Nvidia Issues Resolved: Sent the laptop to HP under the extended service warranty for broken hinge and motherboard/graphics problem. Display and hinge replaced, computer returned to me with unresolved on/off loop. HP confirmed the motherboard was the problem and it was part of the extended service warranty "recall" but I would have to pay because time ended Feb. 28, 2009. HP denies recall but did extend service warranties to cover motherboard/Nvicia. I was never notified by HP of the motherboard issues even though all my products are registered. My problems began Feb 9, 2009 and in the time it took me to research the issues and return the computer to HP my extended time ran out. After several hours on the phone with HP, I finally got escalated to a case manager, once I brought up the Nvidia classaction lawsuit. Again my computer was sent to HP for repairs, motherboard replaced for free. After 5 phone calls and about 15 hours on the phone with HP, they finally took responsibility and paid for the repair. My computer is working again and it only took 2 months and who knows how much money I spent on replacing software and activations.

Lemme take a wild guess...the Nvidia problem was your 8x00 series video card melting/frying?

sserla

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009

Guys i have similar problem. Blank screen at startup.

HP Pavilion 2799EA Special Edition
NIVIDA 8400GS graphic card
4GB ram...

Just out of warranty.

Pls somebody help me. Am i eligible for a replacement under NDIVIA Call back.

I think Dell and HP added a 1 year additional warranty to their products for the GPU issue. If your laptop is within the standard warranty + 1 year, then you can get it fixed.

If not, then you're pretty much screwed...