* CAS: New! AZZA Solano 1000 Full-Tower Advance Cooling Case w/ Dual 230mm Fan + Extra 3 Fans 420 Watt
* CPU: AMD Phenom™ X4 9850 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
* CD: 16X DVD ROM [-11] (BLACK COLOR)
* HDD: Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
* MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P AMD 790X CrossFire Chipset with PCIe slot DDR2 SATA RAID MB w/GbLAN,USB2.0,IEEE1394,&7.1Audio
* MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
* NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
* TEMP: THERMAL TEMPERATURE LCD DISPLAY WITH 3X FAN CONTROLLER (BLACK COLOR)
VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 4850 PCI-E 16X 512MB Video Card
Alright so that is what i am buying, I will be installing a second harddrive, but i already own it so the 320 is going to be an image/torrent drive. also have 2 gigs of the same memory in my current machine that i will put in for a total of 6 gigs. Also will be installing ultimate 64bit unless one of you guys can talk me out of it or into another OS. I have access to any os that you can recommend. so fire away
So let me start by telling you my current hardware that will be used and my needs.
I play warhammer online using a 19 inch hp monitor 2 1440x900. Other than that i stream movies online. One of my biggest irritations is being held back by hardware, I have a copy of ut3 just sitting there waiting for a machine that can play it. So ya. Other than that, i stream audio or play audio while in games, and i want to be able to do it flawlessly.
With gaming as its main function please reccommend any changes to this setup. Specifically i am wanting to know about the processor. I built the same system with a INTEL Q9400 which was as what i could see, comparable process speed ect (doing my best here) and the price was 100 bones more expensive... 100 bones im not really willing to pay. Am i shooting myself in the foot?
I dont really know how to overclock a computer, and am a bit aprehensive about it, which seems like the big seller on the intel side.
Please suggestion anything you can from the best OS, to memory to process and GPU. I am all ears. I do however want to keep the cost down reasonably. As of now im sitting at 700 dollars with the current setup, so im not interested in 1000 dollars processors =) Any help would be amazing...
looks like i might have answered the first question, is overclocking basically just feeding the processor more voltage in an effort to pick up performance? other settings are changed i know, but is that the jist?