Sign in with
Your question

Forcing overclock on MSI GTX 460 Hawk with Afterburner 2.0

Last response: in Overclocking
October 6, 2010 12:04:37 AM

GPU: MSI GTX 460 Hawk

So basically I'm trying to force OC my gpu. OC'ing works fine, however there are some old gimped games I'm interesting in playing and whenever I launch the game, my gpu would go back to mid idle.

For example 780mhz core clock is stock, mid is 405mhz and idle is 51mhz. Doesn't matter if I run the stock profile, a higher OC profile, it still goes back to 405mhz while I'm in the game so I'm looking for a way to maintain the OC at all times.

btw I already tried editing the config file and setting the value EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 1, doesn't work.
October 6, 2010 5:03:02 AM

bump
m
l
October 6, 2010 7:23:36 PM

It will only force the full overclock if it is required the old games u are playing must not be very intensive at all, another program you can use tho is rivatuner as a replacement to afterburner it allows you to set 2d/3d clocks independantly
m
l
Related resources
October 7, 2010 1:47:13 AM

It's not very intensive yeah but I'm planning to use Fraps so by then the fps drop is somewhat harsh due to the GPU being at mid idle.

Alright I d/l'd RivaTuner off Guru3D, is it RivaTuner224MSIMOA2009Edition.exe? I installed it and don't really see any options for that... Could you tell me where to look for?
m
l
October 7, 2010 5:16:33 PM

bump
m
l
!