It installed without a problem. I spent some time taking
downloads out (altough I considered keeping a few - it IS pretty
cool to have a blue flashing painting on the wall! But decided
against it so to not run any risks). I lost a lot, virtually all
my paintings, which hurts, and my black easel :-( But walls,
floors and skins seem to be okay. We're going to need more
clothes soon!

Funny thing is, yesterday I started up the game after a few weeks
of playing Children of the Nile, and I had a WALL flickering
PURPLE. I finally demolished the whole house. I have no idea
where that came from.

It seems to run just fine; I'll probably run into more flashing
objects but probably no more that I use a lot.

But I can't put the music on any other than the hip hop folder!
Most annoying. I'll have to move my MP3's.

T.

It is so easy to convert objects and even new meshes to EP ready with
the latest SimPe.
I've never used SimPE before so if I can do it, anybody can! LOL

I have my objects in folders by the creator's site and have been putting
in one folder at a time
to check them out.

I also found out that some objects that the creator said was EP ready
was NOT! So
I used SimPE to convert them to EP ready and they showed up just fine in
my game. YAY!

Don't lose your objects, get the latest version of SimPE. :)

......B

I tried using SimPE to convert files that I have downloaded to EP
ready..took me forever because I am so odd about having households with
entirely different items from the next. I thought I followed the directions
to a T on MTS2.
Anyhow, either I had great expectations or I am not as intelligent as I
thought because my game crashed several times after I converted the objects.
My backup wouldn't work either so I had to start completely and unzip them
all again and face the flashing blue objects still. Just wondering if this
is something that will continue or if SimPE will really convert the flashing
items to what I had downloaded and I need to take more caution and try
again.

Simplyredhead

"simplyredhead" <simplyredhead@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>I tried using SimPE to convert files that I have downloaded to EP
> ready..took me forever because I am so odd about having households
> with
> entirely different items from the next. I thought I followed the
> directions
> to a T on MTS2.
> Anyhow, either I had great expectations or I am not as intelligent as
> thought because my game crashed several times after I converted the
> objects.
> My backup wouldn't work either so I had to start completely and unzip
> them
> all again and face the flashing blue objects still. Just wondering if
> this
> is something that will continue or if SimPE will really convert the
> flashing
> items to what I had downloaded and I need to take more caution and try
> again.
>
> Simplyredhead

What version SimPE do you have? Is it version 027.....?
You just open up SimPE & click on plugins and scan folders. You can even
browse &
go to specific folders if you have folders inside of your download
folder.
Then SimPE tells you if they are EP ready & if not, you just click an EP
READY
button & it does all the work, then you can scan again, & they show up
ep ready.

I believe in an older version of simPE, it was different but this newest
version is better.

......B

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:08:54 +0100, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

>It installed without a problem. I spent some time taking
>downloads out (altough I considered keeping a few - it IS pretty
>cool to have a blue flashing painting on the wall! But decided

LOL!

>But I can't put the music on any other than the hip hop folder!
>Most annoying. I'll have to move my MP3's.

Huh? Could you please elaborate on this one?

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:08:54 +0100, "Taemon"
> <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:
> > It installed without a problem. I spent some time taking
> > downloads out (altough I considered keeping a few - it
> > IS pretty cool to have a blue flashing painting on the
> > wall! But decided
> LOL!

That purple flashing wall was amazing. But I didn't trust it.

> > But I can't put the music on any other than the hip hop
> > folder! Most annoying. I'll have to move my MP3's.
> Huh? Could you please elaborate on this one?

I had music on a public lot, and it kept on playing hip hop. I
couldn't change it. Must be a way from doing it in-game... I'll
stumble into it.

T.

>>> But I can't put the music on any other than the hip hop
>>> folder! Most annoying. I'll have to move my MP3's.
>> Huh? Could you please elaborate on this one?
>
> I had music on a public lot, and it kept on playing hip hop. I
> couldn't change it. Must be a way from doing it in-game... I'll
> stumble into it.
>
> T.

All my public lots play hihphop if I put speakers on them. It's enough to
keep me away from them. I don't buy new clothes, I just tolerate the
everyday clothes the sim is stuck with, I hate hiphop that much.

Jeanie

Jay&B wrote:

> Don't lose your objects, get the latest version of SimPE.
> :)

Too late :) It sounds easy, yes. I would have tried, but I'm
mightily relieved that everything went well so I'm happy. I'll
hunt for new objects. That'll KEEP me happy :)

T.

Doesn't the music depend on the colour of the speakers?

Best wishes
Maxon

Maxon wrote:

>Doesn't the music depend on the colour of the speakers?
>
>Best wishes
>Maxon

.. Yes it does, I found *that* out the hard way when I put the black
speaker on the wall and it churned out some GodAwful Heavy Metal lol.

---Sandra

Maxon wrote:
> Doesn't the music depend on the colour of the speakers?
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Does it? I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to do some investigating....

Jeanie

Ohhh.. my SimPE version is .012. Which I could have sworn on the website it
said "If you are not sure what you want, this is the file". Will go get the
version .27 and try again. Thanks.

Simplyredhead

"Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net> wrote in message

> What version SimPE do you have? Is it version 027.....?
> You just open up SimPE & click on plugins and scan folders. You can even
> browse &
> go to specific folders if you have folders inside of your download
> folder.
> Then SimPE tells you if they are EP ready & if not, you just click an EP
> READY
> button & it does all the work, then you can scan again, & they show up
> ep ready.
>
> I believe in an older version of simPE, it was different but this newest
> version is better.
>

> .....B

I'm sulking. The latest version does not scan subfolders - how am I meant to
check the GUIDs of one creators downloads against another if the damn thing
doesn't scan subfolders?!

*pout*

MM

> Ohhh.. my SimPE version is .012. Which I could have sworn on the website
it
> said "If you are not sure what you want, this is the file". Will go get
the
> version .27 and try again. Thanks.
>
> Simplyredhead
>

> "Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> > >

> > What version SimPE do you have? Is it version 027.....?
> > You just open up SimPE & click on plugins and scan folders. You can even
> > browse &
> > go to specific folders if you have folders inside of your download
> > folder.
> > Then SimPE tells you if they are EP ready & if not, you just click an EP
> > READY
> > button & it does all the work, then you can scan again, & they show up
> > ep ready.
> >
> > I believe in an older version of simPE, it was different but this newest
> > version is better.
> >

> > .....B

Well, if you will put the yellow speakers up, you will get hip hop!!

Best wishes
Maxon

Madame Mim wrote:
> I'm sulking. The latest version does not scan subfolders - how am I
> meant to check the GUIDs of one creators downloads against another if
> the damn thing doesn't scan subfolders?!
>
> *pout*
>
> MM

Maybe there's a good reason not to use subfolders inside your download
folder. LOL

Jeanie

Maxon wrote:
> Well, if you will put the yellow speakers up, you will get hip hop!!
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Now, that can't be right. I've never used a yellow speaker! The speakers
I'm using are black. And the music is atrocious!

Jeanie

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> Maxon wrote:
>>> Doesn't the music depend on the colour of the speakers?
>>>
>>> Best wishes
>>> Maxon
>>
>> Does it? I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to do some
>> investigating....
>>
>> Jeanie

That should be heavy metal - which is atrocious, fair enough - but if you're
getting hip hop, your game is officially weird.

Best wishes
Maxon

Maxon wrote:
> That should be heavy metal - which is atrocious, fair enough - but if
> you're getting hip hop, your game is officially weird.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Well, whatever it is, it's horrible! LOL Is there a list to know which
speakers play which music?

Jeanie

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> Maxon wrote:
>>> Well, if you will put the yellow speakers up, you will get hip hop!!
>>>
>>> Best wishes
>>> Maxon
>>
>> Now, that can't be right. I've never used a yellow speaker! The
>> speakers I'm using are black. And the music is atrocious!
>>
>> Jeanie
>>

>>> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message

It tells you in the game - when you select the speakers, it tells you what
type they are. That is if you give it time to pop up the description. I
bet you've been just grabbing the speaker and sticking it on the wall,
haven't you? Go on, admit it.

Best wishes
Maxon

Maxon wrote:

> It tells you in the game - when you select the speakers, it tells you what
> type they are. That is if you give it time to pop up the description. I
> bet you've been just grabbing the speaker and sticking it on the wall,
> haven't you? Go on, admit it.

I confess, I was pulling speakers by *what matched the room*.

I know better now.

-georg

Maxon wrote:
> It tells you in the game - when you select the speakers, it tells you
> what type they are. That is if you give it time to pop up the
> description. I bet you've been just grabbing the speaker and
> sticking it on the wall, haven't you? Go on, admit it.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

LOL! Yep, that's me! Jump the gun every time!

Jeanie

> It tells you in the game - when you select the speakers, it tells you what
> type they are. That is if you give it time to pop up the description. I
> bet you've been just grabbing the speaker and sticking it on the wall,
> haven't you? Go on, admit it.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Grrrrr. I didn;t know that, either. I chose speakers for the colour.
None of them play Mozart, I know that much. 8((((

Granny.

Jeanie wrote:

> All my public lots play hihphop if I put speakers on
> them. It's enough to keep me away from them. I don't
> buy new clothes, I just tolerate the everyday clothes the
> sim is stuck with, I hate hiphop that much.

You can in-game uncheck all the songs and, of course, put your
own MP3's in it.

T.

Maxon wrote:

> Doesn't the music depend on the colour of the speakers?

Oh.

Thanks.

T. (...)