Problem with video files in Dell Axim 5 with Pocket PC 2002

November 24, 2004 4:58:57 PM

I have a Dell Axim 5 with PPC 2002 and Windows Media Player 8.5. It
pays mp3 fine but I tried to play video files (.wma, .asf), I get the
sound but I cant see the video. I get a blank screen. Is there any
problem with the media player or I am doing something wrong. Do I have
to upgrade to PPC 2003?

Please advice me. Thank You.

Regards,
Siva
Anonymous
November 27, 2004 1:10:06 AM

I'm no expert at WMP as I'm just learning myself but WMA is an audo-only
file, isn't it? So it would only contain sound. As for ASF, it seems that
WMP 10 desktop tries to use that format when synchronizing to a PPC, but I
haven't been able to play it on the PPC. I'm using Windows Media Encoder
these days which creates WMV (video) files that are what WMP reads. I'm on
WMP 10 desktop and WMP 9 on PPC WM2003 first edition.

--
Tim Nicholson
tim@pdainfosource.com

!