Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire 5770 oc!

Last response: in Overclocking
October 6, 2010 9:40:17 AM

I'm asking about 5770 overclocking 5770, what's the max stable OC you can reach, and how does it go with it for the performance and temperature

i tried before to OC my sapphire http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... with auto tune in CCC with my 760G Moterboard but it crashed without giving any results :D  , but now i'm upgrading to new asus 785G Mobo so i hope it will work!

and by the way i've seen this site http://www.techspot.com/review/209-ati-radeon-hd-5770/p... and they overclocked it to stable 930/1400
and i wonder if my card can do that!!!

More about : sapphire 5770

a c 226 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 6, 2010 2:56:11 PM

OCing in your system is a matter of heat, power, airflow, and is specific to your environment. The achievable in one machine may not be reproduced in another.

Set up your config with the new mobo and try the auto-tune with the most current drivers/CCC (currently 10.9). If that fails or doesn't do what you want, start small and set the manual controls your self. Bump up 5mhz or so at a time. Watch your temps (install hwmonitor - the free edition). You will need to stress your system to see if it is stable. Rinse and repeat as needed/desired. When you have gone too far, you will see issues pop up. Then, back off slightly and you should be good to go.

You can also download and run furmark to help in your OC quest as well. While you are at it, you might want to install AMD's Overdrive tool:
http://game.amd.com/it-it/drivers_overdrive.aspx

Enjoy!
October 7, 2010 6:17:57 AM

Ok thanks man, i think i'll do that, but i think if only got like 20mhz for core and 50mhz for the memory, i dont think that will do much for performance!!
Related resources
October 8, 2010 2:14:36 AM

i got to 1040 core, 1340, memory. but you need afterburner for that with voltage control. i dont bother using the auto tune, when i tried it my memory was too high and so i got crashes. every card is different but i wouldnt go above 1350 Mem clock. the core speed all depends on your temps.

like he said just go up my 5mhz at a time and run furmark or a GPU intensive game.

October 8, 2010 6:56:36 AM

Hey i got another question...in cpuz it shows that the graphics has (157MHz Core and 300MHz memory)......What the hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!
even in CCC it shows the same values in (current value)...mayb this's like save power option in asus mobo when no game is running?!
October 8, 2010 7:08:42 AM

kaspro said:
Hey i got another question...in cpuz it shows that the graphics has (157MHz Core and 300MHz memory)......What the hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!
even in CCC it shows the same values in (current value)...mayb this's like save power option in asus mobo when no game is running?!

Modern cards downclock as a power saving option, no worries.
a c 175 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 8, 2010 7:17:59 AM

Would a different Mobo even matter?
October 25, 2010 9:12:44 PM

i leave mine at its stock speeds and then 950mhz core and 1359mhz mem with 60% fan and it runs a treat and does not stress it too much, hits about 50 C in a GPU intensive game
a b U Graphics card
November 1, 2010 7:13:05 AM

food for though, but if you OC the 5770 beyond stock setting, it will not go back down to idle temps, no matter what you try.
November 16, 2010 1:02:45 AM

I just got an open box Sapphire 5770 today, installed it in place of a on-board HD 4200 running at 1680x1050, with the latest drivers (10.10 CCC). Win7 64-bit.

On initial start-up I was getting blinking pixels all over my desktop :( 

I created a new profile, tweaked it as per another thread:

[profile tweak]
Create a new profile in your catalyst control centre - save but do not activate it

browse to following location -

C:\Users\*USER*\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles

right click on the profile and select edit

make sure the following values look like this

<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="85000" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="85000" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="85000" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="120000" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="120000" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="120000" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="CoreVoltageTarget_0">
<Property name="Want_0" value="1125" />
<Property name="Want_1" value="1125" />
<Property name="Want_2" value="1125" />

Activate your newly created profile and issue should be fixed.

Please note - due to limitations of the CCC software you may have to activate the profile multiple times for the changes to take effect. Also ensure overdrive is unlocked and enabled
[end profile tweak]

Did that, then used ATI Overdrive: bumped the GPU Clock to 885, Memory clock to 1375, fan control to 75%, idle temp is 50C

Blinking pixels seem gone.

So, now what are you guys using to tweak and monitor this card other than ATI CCC? Is there any good reason to use any other software?

The only graphics intensive stuff I run is Gears of War 1 on max settings, and Phoenix flight sim, both seem to run pretty well.

I'm gonna run this for a few days and see how it goes.

Any other tips would be great!

btw, my GPU is in a Rosewill mATX mid-tower, not much room for it.
a b U Graphics card
November 16, 2010 3:38:28 AM

problem with what did is that the card will refuse to throttle down to it's idle settings, thus you will be consuming near load wattage at all time.
!