Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ocing e8400 w/ a asus pq5 pro turbo

Last response: in Overclocking
October 6, 2010 3:22:44 PM

morning all. i recently got into overclocking, i got Listed mobo/cpu in title and 8 gigs of ram, i have w7 64bit. I am trying to OC my cpu to 4.0 but cant seem to get this right. Does anyone have detailed specs and step by steps to oc it on this mobo? it would rly help out and make it easy for me lol. i dnt have stock cooling i actually got a pretty big cooler on it. just need specs for bios.
October 6, 2010 9:57:39 PM

Sorry for being so nubish, I was actually trying to search for answer coudnt find exacly what i needed and when i did i didnt fully understand things or it didnt have all the info i needed, so if theres anyone out there still running this set up please let me know.
m
l
a c 133 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
October 6, 2010 11:41:52 PM

Well why dont you tell us what you have done so far so I can get an idea what I am working with.
m
l
Related resources
October 7, 2010 12:14:16 AM

Well basicly i just uped FSB and voltage.. i followed some intructions to get it to 4.0 i just didnt know if it was stable or if i even did it right as the directions from some1 else that did it wernt clear enough ad didnt have all his seetings listed. i put evrything back to stock settings to see if anyone alrdy has a set up i can copy step by step. not sure where to get started or what to look for. lol lik ei said i am a totol nub in overclocking.
m
l

Best solution

a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
October 7, 2010 1:58:15 PM

Sigh. The reason that we tend not to put the settings that we use is that there are always so many variable involved that what works for one will not work for another.

This should be your first stop.
Core2 Overclocking Guide (generic guide)
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/259899-11-core-over...

Next stop should be a guide for your particular motherboard. Google is your friend.

Go through the guides. Then take your core voltage off Auto and set your memory voltage to factory recommended values. Change the System Memory Multiplier (or whatever your BIOS calls it) from AUTO to 2.00 - whathever you need to set the Memory Frequency to twice the FSB. Then when you increase the FSB, the memory clock will rise in in proportion with it. At an FSB freq of 333 MHz, your memory clock should be at 667 MHz.

Download CPU-Z to check your FSB:RAM ratio. It should be a 1:1 ratio.

Now, start the "increase FSB, test, increase voltage" cycle.

Keep the core voltage under 1.45 volts and the load temps under 70 C.

Keep in mind that these are guides, not cookbooks. YMMV. Because of all the variables, you may not do as well as someone else with a similar system. Or you might do better.
----------
Overclocking since 1978 - Z80 (TRS-80) from 1.77 MHz to 2.01 MHz
:) 
October 7, 2010 3:16:56 PM

sounds good that really helps alot and points me in the right direction on where to start. Now if someone still has specs feel free to post i woudnt mind to see how itl run w/ my specs. thx again ill be doing some research and if i have any questions ill be back.
m
l
October 8, 2010 1:32:26 AM

Best answer selected by jm_p3r3z.
m
l
!